When do TA do it????

Bigtex1622

When Do TA do it????

I know that we ( the general public ) have to have final payment due at a certain date.

Do TA have to release the cabins they have on hold, on that day as well,

or do they release them closer to sail date?

:rolleyes:

If a sailing is selling well ,the cruise line will pull back a partial of the TA's group allotment along the way to Group finalization which is before Final.

Before Final , all unsold allotment is returned to the cruise line . Same Final payment date as everyone else.

When you see a bunch of categories appear after Final , it is usually due to upgrades and guarantee's being assigned making space for those "new booking only" promo's.

If a sailing is selling well ,the cruise line will pull back a partial of the TA's group allotment along the way to Group finalization which is before Final.

Before Final , all unsold allotment is returned to the cruise line . Same Final payment date as everyone else.

When you see a bunch of categories appear after Final , it is usually due to upgrades and guarantee's being assigned making space for those "new booking only" promo's.

Don't kid yourself....Royal doesn't treat all TA's equally...they often cut deals with certain LARGE agencies....even though they will say all day long they don't. Also Royal themselves at times may hold back inventory for one reason or another and may not release unsold cabins till just weeks before sailing.

Are Handi Capped rooms in TA's blocks?

When a TA blocks a group, you do not get actual cabin numbers, just categories. If I have a group of 16 cabins for example, I may get eight

D2s and eight Hs. But until the passenger puts down a deposit, no cabin number is assigned.

I was hoping that my sister and her husband can get into a HC balcony.

I know that Saintbenardlover ( on our roll call ) has one.

I guess I have to knock him off to get it !!!!! LOL

Happy cruising everyone.

:rolleyes:

bajathree:

As a TA for 17+ years with a major cruise only agency, I can tell you that

there are no special deals to allow an agency to hold allotment , without $$ , after final payment date .

Nor does a cruise line hold back cabins until just before sailing .

Archived