Radiance of the Seas - Boarding time, alcohol and nightclub

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed on the Radiance of the Seas out of Sydney or any other RCC ship out of Sydney. In particular anyone who has done a short break or weekend cruise.

We are travelling with a group of friends on the 2 night cruise departing 15th November 2012.

My specific questions are:

1. The ship is scheduled to depart at 10pm. What time would we expect that we would be allowed to board? (ball park figure)

2. Someone has told me that we will not be able to purchase alcohol until we have left Sydney Heads. Is this true? What does everyone do until after 10pm if it is?

3. Is there a nightclub or similar venue on the Radiance (we are child free on this trip!)

4. What would be the general demographic on these short cruises? We are a group of couples ages ranging from 30-60.

Any other tips/suggestions or opinions on the short cruises leaving Sydney in particular would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

1. Not sure - the cruise I sailed left around 5-6pm and we had no difficulty boarding at 11:30am.

2. This is partially true. You can purchase alcohol for your own consumption as soon as you're on board. You can't purchase duty free alcohol from the shops on board until after the ship has sailed.

3. The Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13 has a disco/nightclub.

4. Sorry, can't help here. I've never done anything shorter than a 1-week cruise (and that was with P&O).

1. Not sure - the cruise I sailed left around 5-6pm and we had no difficulty boarding at 11:30am.

2. This is partially true. You can purchase alcohol for your own consumption as soon as you're on board. You can't purchase duty free alcohol from the shops on board until after the ship has sailed.

3. The Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13 has a disco/nightclub.

4. Sorry, can't help here. I've never done anything shorter than a 1-week cruise (and that was with P&O).

Thanks for your reply. So just to clarify, we will be able to purchase drinks from the bars, just not the duty free shops?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed on the Radiance of the Seas out of Sydney or any other RCC ship out of Sydney. In particular anyone who has done a short break or weekend cruise.

We are travelling with a group of friends on the 2 night cruise departing 15th November 2012.

My specific questions are:

1. The ship is scheduled to depart at 10pm. What time would we expect that we would be allowed to board? (ball park figure)

2. Someone has told me that we will not be able to purchase alcohol until we have left Sydney Heads. Is this true? What does everyone do until after 10pm if it is?

3. Is there a nightclub or similar venue on the Radiance (we are child free on this trip!)

4. What would be the general demographic on these short cruises? We are a group of couples ages ranging from 30-60.

Any other tips/suggestions or opinions on the short cruises leaving Sydney in particular would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

great ship ...not sure about the boarding time we boarded at 11am and sailed at 5pm.disco in viking crown lounge is good ....you can ,drink eat and have fun as soon as you get on board ...there will probally be shows and activities before you sail....have an early dinner,head up rto theschooner bar or up on deck....then have a blast at 10pm sailaway around the pool.from memory i think the disco gets reved upround 11pm

you will love the ship.

Col

Our cruise on the Radiance sailed at 10pm and we were onboard with a drink in hand at 11-30am.

There is a nightclub and it is usually packed and has great security. They check people's age if they look young and everything. Staff stand above the crowd and do crowd control. For example one young lady was trying to attract some attention by lifting her shirt up and exposing herself. The Cruise Director came over the PA System saying put the girls away or you will be sent away. thought this was great as you wants to see that or read about her being abused in some way.

Love the Radiance, Enjoy!

Archived