Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

The standard balcony is 5 ft X 7 ft. Not really big enough for two people to lounge upon but there are two chairs and a small table so you can have coffee or wine out on the balcony for two. I usually sit in one chair prop my legs in the other and use the little table for my drink so I can comfortably lounge out there and read a book. If you're planning to use your balcony to join the cruise ship version of the mile high club you might need to book a room with an extended balcony.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

If you tipped your room attendant like $20 bucks or so, wouldn't they help to move the sofa out onto the balcony? Then the two plastic chairs and plastic table could be moved into the room which would be good for tea and sandwhiches in my opinion LOL.

Surely there isn't 5' x 7' available in a plane loo? The balcony seems positively expansive as an alternative to the "mile-high" option!

But if you get overly enthusiastic in the loo you won't risk falling into the ocean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

In July you could do Alaska if the airfares to Seattle or Vancouver will be covered by the $500. Europe airfares will be too high. Nothing like Alaska although some folks avoid it because they want to go to a warm climate. But since you're in Texas I'll bet you'd want to escape the heat in July.

Alaska is awesome, but probably not to be had for under $1000 as a solo in july.

How about Canada / East coast cruise - early October I don't know if the leaves are still changing. That or Eastern Caribbean cruise in October out of Florida. July is sorta risky in warmer locations given hurricane season.

Was on a Mexico Riviera cruise with my parents on their 50th anniversary (july) out of San Pedro. Horrible tropical storm, 40 foot waves. At least it was only 1 day ruined.

No single supplement on the "last minute" NCL Pearl repo from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

5 days May 3 to May 8 2014

example::

Inside $228 plus $150 tax

Balcony $329 plus $150 tax

Thanks for posting - I'm very tempted!

Sent from my iPad

Also the regular balconies are 185 sq. ft.

The mini or ocean suites are 275 sq. ft.

So there is a big difference is size and

Bathrooms, between the two!!!

I think the other difference between mini-suite and balcony is the bathroom. The bathroom in the mini-suite has a double sink and I think it has a special shower. The balconies appear to be the same size. I love how in one report someone said it was more a ledge than a balcony. They are awfully teeny and I don't imagine I'd want to spend a long time sitting out there, especially since it would be difficult to recline. I'd rather spend the $79. for Vibe (if I'm lucky enough to get to book it).

Decent balcony rate on Carnival for solo traveller during the week after Memorial Day.

Carnival Glory

May 31 (7-night)

RT Miami

balcony guarantee

$604.52 (includes port fees)

And only $610.91 if you want to travel Memorial Day week (the week before).

Edited by logan25

I am tempted too. But haven't pulled the trigger.

Inside guarantee today went down to $199 plus $150 tax.

I reserved today - thanks again for posting this!

Sent from my iPad

Carnival is currently offering balcony cabin for outside price as a promotion on select trips. These sailings also have no single supplement.

Examples for balcony:

Glory May 4 or 24 (7 day Caribbean) $499

May 31st is $479

I saw one yesterday at $399 but don't remember the ship/sail date. Search around a bit if interested. :)

Edited by aerospace

I am tempted too. But haven't pulled the trigger.

Inside guarantee today went down to $199 plus $150 tax.

Now just $179... (And includes ~$20 on board credit, I believe).

Sent from my iPad

Edited by Okmyx

New to this board, this is great! Thanks for all the info everybody! Sailing Med in June with my son, but interested in solo cruising next. Hopefully the fall!

Welcome aboard EMP, I'll be sailing in studio cabin NCL Epic through the Mediterranean, middle of June. I'll wave to you, lol. And yes, great great options shown here for soloists.

Enjoy!

HS2U ;)

12 nights Québec City to FLL, leaving Nov 3rd 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas (newly refurbished, no solo supplement). One stop in Boston, one night in Bermuda. I paid 1110$ (total with taxes) two weeks ago

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser
To give more detail on price

12 nights Québec City to FLL, leaving Nov 3rd 2014, RCCL Legend of the Seas (newly refurbished, no solo supplement). One stop in Boston, one night in Bermuda. I paid 1110$ (total with taxes) two weeks ago
What type of accommodation did you book for that rate? I did a 13 night t/a cruise on it last November in an inside superior cabin for $685. including taxes and fees and a crown & anchor discount. The newly reburbished is not all that special. It's still an old ship and shows a lot of wear, especially in the solarium which is very important with a cold weather cruise and with so many sea days. Also, many people complained about the a/c not working. Wondering if that problem has been fixed. Supposedly more work was going to be done once it was back in the US but I didn't follow up on it. If Lucca Iorio is till the concierge and you are a Diamond+ member you will have the best concierge in the fleet. The guy in charge of the Diamond lounge was also very nice and the 2 lounges are almost identical. I like that they are on the Lido Deck and not up in the Viking Crown Lounge, the way they are on the Enchantment. The limited elevators were a real pain since many times they would be shut down and you had to climb stairs to get up to the lounge. Also, the dining room is very, very crowded with seats so close the waiters have to push into chairs to get by and serve.

WOW! The Fall rates for the Epic and Breakaway are incredible. I might have to snag one. In the fall I really wanted to go on the Breeze or Freedom on that Southern route Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacaa and Aruba. But at the NCL prices I might have to wait another year to catch that Southern route. LOL!! Solo balcony Cabin on Freedom running about $2300. Solo balcony cabin on Epic or Breakaway $729.

Limited supply

MSC Opera ex Southampton 17th May 7nights Inside £399 OV £429

Coming up with zero solo sup on trial bookings

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Cruise-Departures/Cruise-Itinerary-MSC-Opera-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=OP20140517SOUSOU&ship_code=OP

Good spot and MSC Club discounts kick in too. Now, will it come down any further I wonder :D

WOW! The Fall rates for the Epic and Breakaway are incredible. I might have to snag one. In the fall I really wanted to go on the Breeze or Freedom on that Southern route Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacaa and Aruba. But at the NCL prices I might have to wait another year to catch that Southern route. LOL!! Solo balcony Cabin on Freedom running about $2300. Solo balcony cabin on Epic or Breakaway $729.

I was unaware that NCL had solo balcony cabins. I was told they have only interior solo cabins with a shared space.

That's true. Studios are for one...but this fall, they are offering balconies for solo price.....not so in spring!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Holy crap. I can't believe those prices! I already have a trip planned on the Gem in early September, but I might just have to book something on the Breakaway too. Balcony cabins at that price?

Richard/Tralfie

I just wanted to remind people, that when they post solo cruise bargains to please include the final price, that includes the taxes and port fees.

Thanks

anything posted in £ or € should be tax included it is standard in Europe due to consumer laws.