Found a Budget Rental Car discount code

Eeyoregon

I found a discount BCD code for Budget Rental Cars that I thought I would share. It is one of their codes so no membership needed and nothing shady about it.

It's good at various locations in Florida and also works on one-way rentals (like between Ft Lauderdale and Miami) as well as some non-airport locations. For my particular mini-van rental it does limit it to 125 miles but on my friends sedan rental, it includes unlimited miles.

The code is Y937800 and works with Budget coupons that you may have in addition from places like Costco, Entertainment Book, etc.

Gina

What type of discount is Budget giving with this code? Were there any other codes? Thanks for the info. I need to book a car for my trip in January.

Beth

There are lot's of variables that will determine the price/savings, but for my one-way (returning to different location than I picked it up from) 7 passenger mini van rental for 24 hrs is $67.00 including ALL taxes/fees/surcharges which was a good $40.00 less than any other coupons/discounts thru the other big rental companies.

Gina

Thanks a bunch! Just reserved ours with it. Saved us $25 on a one day, one way rental. :)

Your welcome :)! We were going to just do the SAS shuttle and taxis but with 6 people in our group and all of the luggage, the mini van ends up being cheaper and more convenient since we are in the Miami area for 24 hours pre-cruise.

Happy sailing!

Gina

Your welcome :)! We were going to just do the SAS shuttle and taxis but with 6 people in our group and all of the luggage, the mini van ends up being cheaper and more convenient since we are in the Miami area for 24 hours pre-cruise.

Happy sailing!

Gina

I know what you mean with the bigger group transportation. It can get ridiculous.

We are actually flying into Orlando (cruising from FLL) because tickets were super duper cheap. I booked the one way car with the code for both ends of the trip so in all it saved us $50.

I hope you have a great trip as well.

--and thanks again!:D

I know what you mean with the bigger group transportation. It can get ridiculous.

We are actually flying into Orlando (cruising from FLL) because tickets were super duper cheap. I booked the one way car with the code for both ends of the trip so in all it saved us $50.

I hope you have a great trip as well.

--and thanks again!:D

I was just delighted that the code works on one-way rentals since those are almost always excluded from the codes/discounts!

We don't have our return flights booked yet but I've been watching Orlando and Tampa as well in case the flights out of there are considerably cheaper. The $50 savings will take care of your gas and tolls! :D

I found a discount BCD code for Budget Rental Cars that I thought I would share. It is one of their codes so no membership needed and nothing shady about it.

It's good at various locations in Florida and also works on one-way rentals (like between Ft Lauderdale and Miami) as well as some non-airport locations. For my particular mini-van rental it does limit it to 125 miles but on my friends sedan rental, it includes unlimited miles.

The code is Y937800 and works with Budget coupons that you may have in addition from places like Costco, Entertainment Book, etc.

Gina

Thank you so much for posting, Gina! Got a rental for about $40 (17th Street Fort Lauderdale with free pickup from the port, then a drop off at FLL airport); average regular rates at that time are about $80, and about $50 on Hotwire.:cool:

Edited by Host Faith

Thank you so much for posting, Gina! Got a rental for about $40 (17th Street Fort Lauderdale with free pickup from the port, then a drop off at FLL airport); average regular rates at that time are about $80, and about $50 on Hotwire.:cool:

Awesome!! You are very welcome...I've got to give back for all of the amazing tips I have received on CC!!!

And in case I didn't mention it, the discount code works in conjunction with Budget coupons such as free upgrades, etc. Oh how I love saving money!

Gina

My problem is I'm 7 people and the code gave me a great rate on a minivan but with luggage, I'm not sure we'll really have enough room. Minivans are large, but depending on how much luggage we have, my husband thinks it will not be large enough. Anybody ever do 7 people with luggage in a minivan? We're just going from FLL to hotel in Coconut Grove so it wont really be a long ride

My problem is I'm 7 people and the code gave me a great rate on a minivan but with luggage, I'm not sure we'll really have enough room. Minivans are large, but depending on how much luggage we have, my husband thinks it will not be large enough. Anybody ever do 7 people with luggage in a minivan? We're just going from FLL to hotel in Coconut Grove so it wont really be a long ride

Good question. There will be 6 adults + luggage in our group so I am already preparing for suitcases being on all of the floorboards and in laps, LOL! We're going to try it...live and learn.

We could get a full-size passenger van for $57 more but have decided to take our chances since this is a tight budget trip for our group.

Edited by Eeyoregon

Minivans have plenty of room for passengers but very little room in the back for luggage. We once had 6 passengers going a short distance from hotel to cruise port and we had to lower the back seat to make room for the 6 suitcases--that meant 2 people had to ride on someone's lap---we laughed all the way to the port! Don't know what you'd do with the 7th passenger though :eek:!

The Costco BCD number is W852802 and I have never been asked for my card.

:confused: What is this is reference too?

I tried the above Costco code, again, (I work for Costco, lol) but it increased the price by $37.00 :(

Edited by Eeyoregon

:confused: What is this is reference too?

I tried the above Costco code, again, (I work for Costco, lol) but it increased the price by $37.00 :(

:confused: If you work for Costco then you should recognize it as their members' BCD code with Budget. I did not represent that it was necessarily always the lowest rate although over my many years as a Costco member have found it to be so. I was merely offering it as an alternative number for the purpose of comparing rates.

Good question. There will be 6 adults + luggage in our group so I am already preparing for suitcases being on all of the floorboards and in laps, LOL! We're going to try it...live and learn.

We could get a full-size passenger van for $57 more but have decided to take our chances since this is a tight budget trip for our group.

I saw the price of the full-size van but for that amount of money, I can do a limo and arrive in style :D

Same as you, trying to keep the budget down, but I have time to figure things out.

Thanks again for the info

If you watch Budgets site you can come across some amazing deals without needing a code. I booked a full size car for a week for Jan 2013 at $383.00 out of Ft Lauderdale about 2 months ago. Last week I was back on their site and they were offering the same car for $183.00 if you pre-paid it. The best part is you can cancel for a $10.00 fee. Looking yesterday the same car is now $454.00. Seems like car rental companies are becoming more like the airlines with their "price of the day".

:confused: If you work for Costco then you should recognize it as their members' BCD code with Budget. I did not represent that it was necessarily always the lowest rate although over my many years as a Costco member have found it to be so. I was merely offering it as an alternative number for the purpose of comparing rates.

I was simply asking you for more information regarding the code that you provided. You just randomly posted a code and provided zero information about it, which is odd. I was just wondering if it was specifically for some type of deal pertinent to this thread?? Hope you have a better day. :rolleyes:.

If you watch Budgets site you can come across some amazing deals without needing a code. I booked a full size car for a week for Jan 2013 at $383.00 out of Ft Lauderdale about 2 months ago. Last week I was back on their site and they were offering the same car for $183.00 if you pre-paid it. The best part is you can cancel for a $10.00 fee. Looking yesterday the same car is now $454.00. Seems like car rental companies are becoming more like the airlines with their "price of the day".

I frequently check rates too...at the same time that I check my Early Saver rates each day ;). My personal record was with Alamo a few years back. I think I reserved and cancelled reservations 15+ times as the price kept dropping and dropping. In the end the rate was over $200 less than it was when I originally booked it!

Happy Sailing!

Gina

Thanks Eeyoregon for posting the Budget rental code. We used it today and we're able to upgrade and get a SUV for cheaper then our originally booked full-size car at FLL for our post cruise day. Thanks again.

Thanks Eeyoregon for posting the Budget rental code. We used it today and we're able to upgrade and get a SUV for cheaper then our originally booked full-size car at FLL for our post cruise day. Thanks again.

I'm so glad it worked out for you! Happy sailing! :)