4 year old twins and 3 year old...what to do in Bahamas and Key West?

ginger123snaps

In the Bahamas you could easily do the public beaches or beach clubs. Key West seems trickier to me, as the beaches are not so great - pretty rocky. When we were there in 2011 our youngest was seven years old. We rented an electric car and tooled around the island. We had lunch, did some shopping and sightseeing ~ it was fun.

With 3 kids that young (brave you!), in the Bahamas I'd just get to a beach. They won't enjoy shopping or sightseeing, and probably you won't either with three kids under 5. There's also Atlantis, if you are on that island, but it's pretty expensive.

I can't give you advice on Key West, as I've only been there once and that was many years ago.

Besides beaching, consider playgrounds, parks, aquariums, zoos, anything kids would like that doesn't involve much sitting and driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Our then 3 year old granddaughter is big into pirates so we took the city tour that ended up at the pirate museum. She really enjoyed that, believe it or not she also enjoyed the forts we went to.

In Key West we did the trolley tour, the aquarium, then browsed the shops.

I would say all ports are "kid friendly"....after all, kids LIVE there!!!

Its comments like this one above why I dont stay on this board after i cruise. It got a little crazy with my water wing post.

anyway back to the post....Your kids are young and as long as there is a beach and or animals they will have a great time. If anything think back to your favorite ports and I'd go to the most relaxing ones if possible.

There's a really nice butterfly thing in Key West.

The Butterfly Conservatory.

http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/

Took the kids there the times we were on Disney when they were little... Nice, relaxing, butterflies flitting around your head. Fun.

Nassau, I like Ardastra Zoo and Gardens... I have a picture I like to post.

199496_1014210324680_1507726387_30039161_7563_n.jpg

When the kids were little... I think my daughter was 4 in that picture.

This picture is from this past November

299848_2570178222905_1507726387_32772437_1192573458_n.jpg

Still Ardastra... we just like it there.

The aquarium is really nice and small in Key West, perfect for that age group! And the butterfly museum is also wonderful. And for you a nice cold Fat Tuesday drink on the main strip for braving Key West with 3 small kids (you can actually walk around with it!)

OUr dd (6 at the time) LOVED the butterfy conservatory. We took the trollet tour. Was nice to be able tosee a lot of the area and not have to walk but can get off and on when we wanted.

We did the butterfly conservatory and Conch trolley exact same thing with our daughter who was 3 in July. She loves it.

We also did a day pass at a resort on Cabel (sp?) Beach in Nassaua (sp?) We lookes in to Atlantis but she was to young for any of the water park activities. She loved the zero entry pool because she could run in and out of it. There was also a pool with a waterfall. And the resort daypass includes a towel, beach chairs and unmotorized equitment so we went on a kayak too! She had a blast and just asked me last week when we were going back on the cruise ship again.

Key West - I forget just what all we did there. Took the bus from the ship to downtown (I think we docked in a military base, we weren't allowed to get off the bus/trolley/whatever thing until we passed a certain gate). Walked around, did some shopping. Think we saw signs for a butterfly thing, found it on the top floor of a mall (I don't know if that's the main thing or not, I just know we ended up in a mall, and I think there were butterflies). There was a toy shop there too that the kids liked looking at. Then we walked near the water, and there was a garden that had statues of different people (it was semi fenced in). Kids really enjoyed walking around that for some reason. Then we caught the bus/trolley thing back to the ship. Nothing terribly exciting, but we had fun.

Archived