Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

Hi everyone,

I know that the exact itinerary dates and prices are not yet available for the sailings, but I wanted to try and gauge interest in forming a Cruise Critic group sailing. I did them on Oasis and Allure in September of their first year of sailing as it is usually a lower price point than the spring break and summer sailings. I had a blast with the Rising Tide Rebels on Oasis, and the Allure cruisers on both group cruises.

I think Quantum will be a great entertainment cruise and am looking forward to cruising on this ship, hopefully twice in the first year. If interested in a Cruise Critic group cruise, would you prefer the shorter(7 -8 night) or longer(11-12 night) itineraries?

Thanks in advance for giving me your thoughts on this. If there is more interest in a different month, please let me know that as well. I picked September based on past pricing of new Royal ships.

Kelcie

Hi Jim and Elaine,

Glad to hear from you, and hope ya'll are doing fine. We should know shortly what the itineraries will be. I'm really wanting to do another fun group. We've been cruising quite a bit lately, and I always love to see new ships. I may have to do at least two on this ship the first year!

Take care,

Kelcie

Thanks,

I know that you and Frank will be in charge of all flowrider contests! If you have a preference over short or longer itineraries, just let me know. I'm think prices might be more reasonable since Anthem will debut in the spring of 2015. Looking forward to making this cruise a reality!

Kelcie

Kelcie!!!!!! How are you?

You know Gina and I are in!! Any chance to get the rebels back together to take over another ship sounds like a great idea to us! I prefer September as we always sail sept and January. As far as days as long as the price is right, the mir days the better! :D

Do we know when pricing and dates will be released?

Can't wait!!!

Paul and Gina,

So good to hear form you. I so want another fun cruise. Pricing may not be out until booking open at the end of the month, but hopefully, Royal will release all of the itineraries before then. The St. Maarten port authority shows on its schedule that is stopping there on September 15, 2015. We are all in a holding pattern until Royal release the official word.

I'm always up for a cruise, especially on what will be another great ship to explore.

Jim, we fly for almost every cruise, although we are very excited to have Navigator come to Galveston for all of 2014, especially after the updating, and adding the flowrider. I certainly understand about factoring in the airfare. Hopefully it will be less expensive to get to Bayonne than Florida for ya'll.

Kelcie

Hi toocruisin',

You are definitely not crashing a reunion. I've just had the privilege to sail with lots of different cruisers over the years, both on Royal and several other cruise lines, and have kept up with a few people along the way. I always like to be planning a next cruise, and although this one is a while out, it just makes the anticipation more fun. If you have a preference for shorter or longer sailings, let me know. We will all know the schedule within the next couple of weeks, and hopefully not too much sticker shock for the prices. It also helps to see what people are interested in and helping plan the fun activities on the ship for those who may go on a particular sailing. So the more interest in a possible Cruise Critic group the better.

Kelcie

Hi Kelcie.....

We would love to be included in the RTR reunion cruise. Sept 2015 is really a good time for us.

Looking forward to crusing with this fun group again.

I think we are getting to old to be Quest team leaders. Will prob pass that torch to the youngens. ;)

We would def need Sheila and Jimmy to join in. Hopefully they are available.

Pat & Roy

Hi Kelcie, we are interested in this cruise. Probably a shorter 7 or 8 but we'll wait & see what's available when the itinerary dates are released.

Most likely will just drive from Maryland, will be a nice change to flying to port.

Looking forward to hearing more!:)

Hi Pat, Roy, & Fred,

Pat & Roy, I am sure ya'll are up to the task, or if not, being the team "cheerleaders" I know that you can certainly make the pub crawl! I'd love Sheila, Jimmy, Mari Lynne, Merrilyn , David, Pat T, Allison Rudy, Krystal and her wonderful family and everyone else from prior cruises to be able to go. I'd also love to make a bunch of new friends as well, and get some of my other cruise friends from other lines to try it as well.

Fred, I hope you, Sarah and your beautiful dd are all doing great. I am thinking that they will probably have a mix of both long and short cruises in September 2015, since the port itinerary lists a call in St. Maarten in mid September.

I 've actually done a flying simulator before several years ago like the one that they will have on the ship. I definitely will be wanting to try it again. Kristin Chenoweth in the video made it look a lot better than my first attempt, but it was an absolute blast. I'm also a fan of the London Eye, so I definitely think the North Star would be fun to do as well.

I'm glad to see there is some interest with a bunch of great people on Cruise Critic. I hope to hear from others who might be interested as well in September 2015. I'm excited that the Northeast is getting a new ship from Royal. I'm also excited that the revamped Navigator will be in Texas next year.

I am also looking forward to the reveal of restaurants, bars, shopping and other details.

Kelcie

Yeah, Pat! I'm so glad you and Ken are up for another cruise. I just think I need a cruise or two on Navigator before Quantum! I hope the two of you are doing great, and looking forward to seeing the two of you again.

Kelcie

Hi Kelcie,

You can put David & I down too. :) Length of cruise at least 7 days even better it was more, well we could always do a B2B depeding on the $$$$'s. Will be fantastic to catch up with everyone again.

We'll be over in USA/Canada for 7 weeks in September/October, going to Las Vegas, Vancouver, 2 cruises on Millennium, Miami, Washington and New York.

Fingers are crossed prices wont be over the top. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

I know that you and Frank will be in charge of all flowrider contests! If you have a preference over short or longer itineraries, just let me know. I'm think prices might be more reasonable since Anthem will debut in the spring of 2015. Looking forward to making this cruise a reality!

Kelcie

7 days and above works for us :) I did look into airfare to Newark and it is ONLY $210 pp from Houston so it is cheaper than flying to Ft. Lauderale or Orlando :D

Your idea is great - just asking - are we sure the ship will continue sailing from Bayonne? At the reveal that would not commit to more than 6 months. Remember Silhouette sailed out of Bayonne only 6 months. I sure hope Quantum will be STAYING in Bayonne - love sailing RCI without having to fly.

7 days and above works for us :) I did look into airfare to Newark and it is ONLY $210 pp from Houston so it is cheaper than flying to Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando :D
Looks like 229 miles from my house to the Port. Unless flights from BWI to Newark are about $50/pp, I think we'll be getting there by car.

Welcome Staci!:)

Your idea is great - just asking - are we sure the ship will continue sailing from Bayonne? At the reveal that would not commit to more than 6 months. Remember Silhouette sailed out of Bayonne only 6 months. I sure hope Quantum will be STAYING in Bayonne - love sailing RCI without having to fly.
Good question. Hopefully, on the 27th (or sooner) that will be revealed, and that the schedule will extend though September 2015. At this time most ship schedules go to April 2015 so there is the possibly that September 2015 won't be Quantum's scheduled until next year.