Single dad

kelvin803

Hi I'm a single dad thinking about going on the dream 3/30/13 with my 12 yr daughter. I'm afraid that I'll be bored out of my mind as a single. She can join the camps but will there be any other singles to mingle with. I've been on 5 cruises but never single. Should I book or not? Time is running out

Hi I'm a single dad thinking about going on the dream 3/30/13 with my 12 yr daughter. I'm afraid that I'll be bored out of my mind as a single. She can join the camps but will there be any other singles to mingle with. I've been on 5 cruises but never single. Should I book or not? Time is running out

Check out the roll call for your cruise to see what's up. There may be group activities you can join while your DD is hanging with the club kids. Also, there may be other single parents on the roll call. One of the best ways of making friends on a cruise is getting involved in a roll call and setting up an excursion or other activity on the ship. For example, pick a tour in a port and ask if anyone else is interested in doing it. Ditto for ship board activities, a group of us are doing the Murder Mystery dinner.

Good luck.

Archived