Prettiest beaches???

Hi, I will be going on a cruise to St. Maarten this summer. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a beach, I am looking for a very pretty beach. I was looking at pics of Le Gallion and it looks beautiful! Any suggestions?? Thanks!

We've been to Orient a bunch of times and Dawn twice and while they are both nice (in different ways - Orient is much more active and uh...scenic, while Dawn is more laid back) but we went to Baie Rouge the last time on the island and LOVED it - it was much prettier than either Orient or Dawn, in our opinion. There are beach chairs and umbrellas to rent, two beach bar/restaurants and almost everyone there is either a local or someone renting a villa. However, it is a long taxi ride from the cruise port and be sure you arrange for the taxi to return for you as there are none waiting there as you'll find at Orient and Dawn. Worth it though, it's a gorgeous beach!

Hi, I will be going on a cruise to St. Maarten this summer. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a beach, I am looking for a very pretty beach. I was looking at pics of Le Gallion and it looks beautiful! Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Ok...so far I have been to beaches in Grand Cayman, Cancun, St. Thomas, Jamaica, Bahamas and St. Maarten and Orient Beach in St. Maarten is by far the most beautiful beach I have ever set foot on. The water is crystal clear and the sand is so soft and powdery. I would seriously live here if I could. Pictures really do it no justice but here is one anyway:

232323232%7Ffp43238%3Enu%3D3252%3E836%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D323363%3A686677nu0mrj

dependant on what you want: Here are the beaches that almost hurts your eayes (white-sand-blue blue turqoise waters)

for families:

- orientbay (the non nude section)

- mullet bay

- Bay rouge

for nudists:

- orient bay-nude part.

- happy bay (you have to walk it from the rd (+/- 15minutes)

If you take a boat (excursion, bijv. captainalan.com):

Ile de Pinel

Tintemarre

Just a reminder for those who don't know that all beaches on the French side follow the custom of (optional) topless female sunbathing. The fully clothing optional part of Orient is down at Club Orient (a fully clothing optional resort), but there is a possibility of seeing full nudity on other parts of the beach as well.

I disagree with the assessment of which beach/area is best for whom. Families go to all parts of Orient. It's an entirely personal matter whether a family finds the fully nude areas to be appropriate or not. Plus, I don't like that there are basically only two choices here: Families and nudists (who usually prefer to be called naturists). What about all the in-betweens? What about women (and the men who see them) who enjoy being topless? Why the all-or-nothing (so to speak) choices?

Also, I know that Baie Rouge allows fully c/o sunbathing. Some parents might not want the chance of seeing that (and some adults might not either); while others have no problem with it.

I know you are a local and we're just infrequent visitors (more's the pity for us), but what I have experienced has far more kinds of options than family or nudist. How about listing some good beaches for swimming, just sunbathing, water activities (such as jetski, parasail, kayak), snorkeling (I know, there really aren't that many terrific places off the beaches on the island, which is why we don't even bother to bring our snorkel gear off the ship), and other amenities (restaurant/bar choices, clean bathrooms, off-beach shopping, etc.)?

I looked up Tintamarre (as I didn't know anything about it), and it sounds really nice. Definitely something to look into doing.

beachchick

<snip>

I looked up Tintamarre (as I didn't know anything about it), and it sounds really nice. Definitely something to look into doing.

beachchick

If you've been following the discussions here you should have noted many mentions/discussions/praises of Tintamarre. I know that I've personally mentioned it at least a dozen times, and have posted associated links to photos, as in my Golden Eagle album.

gary

Ok...so far I have been to beaches in Grand Cayman, Cancun, St. Thomas, Jamaica, Bahamas and St. Maarten and Orient Beach in St. Maarten is by far the most beautiful beach I have ever set foot on. The water is crystal clear and the sand is so soft and powdery. I would seriously live here if I could. Pictures really do it no justice but here is one anyway:

232323232%7Ffp43238%3Enu%3D3252%3E836%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D323363%3A686677nu0mrj

Wow you sold me with this shot, this is exactly what I'm looking for..thanks:D but do have a question I am not a strong swimmer is this a good beach for swimming are the currrents strong..I think I've read that there are chairs, unbrellas, food, restrooms, etc. here am I correct..thanks

If you've been following the discussions here you should have noted many mentions/discussions/praises of Tintamarre. I know that I've personally mentioned it at least a dozen times, and have posted associated links to photos, as in my Golden Eagle album.

gary

Thanks, I'll check it out. I've simply never paid attention to the off-shore island options and had no reason to look it up. I'm sure that if it was in the title of a thread, I skipped over it.

beachchick

Archived