FREE CARNIVAL CRUISE? (or scam)

billroddy

Come on. Can't some of you help this guy out? There have been posts on these scams before, and I just don't have enough information to help this poster out. Some of you might if you wanted to be helpful.

We got that today too. Flip it over and in the fine print on the back it says you have to sit through a timeshare presentation. I knew it was a scam when I got it, but googled the phone number anyway to see what was up with it and couldn't get any hits.

Come on. Can't some of you help this guy out? There have been posts on these scams before, and I just don't have enough information to help this poster out. Some of you might if you wanted to be helpful.

In situations like this, google is your friend. its amazing what you find when you type free carnival cruise postcard and boarding pass.

In situations like this, google is your friend. its amazing what you find when you type free carnival cruise postcard and boarding pass.

Google. Or Yahoo. Or any search engine. Or common sense.

Google. Or Yahoo. Or any search engine. Or common sense.

:);) Actually, I tried yahoo.. and all the posts related to those words were actual legitimate ones tied to Carnivals policy and procedures!

google is much better at findin the 'crap' :p

Myself and DH got one of the letters before but the letter did not say anything about a cruise. It wanted us to go visit the timeshare place. The day before we went we received a call and the lady told me if we arrived 30 minutes early we would receive a voucher for a free Carnival Cruise. Of course we went 30 minutes early to get that (never been on a cruise before this). We purchased the timeshare and they did not want to give me the voucher. I had to go down the road to their main office and argue with them to get it and the lady told me if we had not purchased she would not have given it to me. When we called to use the voucher, some TA in FL, she told us they did not have any more available rooms for the date we chose, we tried different dates and they never had the rooms available. The free cruise was for a 1A room for 2. In order to use the voucher we had to upgrade. That was the most expensive 3 day cruise we have taken and ever seen advertised. If I had known then what I know now about prices we never would have taken that "free cruise".

• 4 months later...
My wife got a letter with the Carnival logo and a boarding pass. It stated she had won a free cruise and an 800 number to call.

Has anyone received similar>

Bill

Bill,

This is a scam. The business behind it changes name frequently but here are a few of them: TPC/Pro-Travel, Pro Consumer, Direct-Travel (Scam Testimonials), Pro-Center Promotions, Trip-Info.biz

They use the name of reputable companies and the enticement of discounts to get you to buy a lifetime "membership" that can cost thousands. A relative of mine got taken for $6999.

The presentation is compelling and you have to decide before you leave. Supposedly you have 3 days to change your mind, but they are long gone with your check or credit card # and all you have is some obscure address with a Suite # and a binder full of company names. Pass the word if you can. Friends don't let friends get scammed.

see if this link helps to answer your question:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-319-4320

and it that one doesn't convince you, try this one:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-313-5032/2

Thanks for the link, I like the post by "Sunlover" that included this:

"I truly hope that I have inspired a few of you stressed and disgruntled members and spurred you into action. Bring with you your big burley loud friends and family members for an evening to remember. Lets stand up and fight for our consumer rights. We are surrounded by those who continuosly suppress our desire to better ourselves in life and thennnn the last kick comes from high tech SCAMMERS preying on good hard working citizens. ENOUGH is ENOUGH

I hope someone legitime responds to this post

Rev your engines my fellow scammees, lets help put some big holes in their hot stinky air balloons !!!"

Wonder how many fools actually fall for this crappola.

If you have some free time and know what it's all about, attend one of those presentations promising a free cruise (and sometimes they'll throw in air travel).

It's a hoot! My DW and I did this last winter and played their little game of Q&A and supposedly ended up the big winners. All the while we were stringing them along. They deep discounted their vacation plan so much, they were practically giving it away (according to them). But in the end, we got these "vouchers" that promised the cruise and airfare, for a low onetime fee. What a joke! There were no guarantees of you getting the cruise date you requested AND, more than likely, you couldn't combine the airfare voucher with it.

But like I said in the beginning, we knew what it was, had a couple of hours to kill before a diner date and had fun. :p

We did one of these time share thingys at a Cancun AI to get 2 free and 2 1/2 price tickets on a mini (tequila/swim with the sting rays/beach picnic) cruise excursion. We had time to kill and had a blast stringing them along - we acted like we were really interested in buying and pretended to be dumb Canadians. We walked out with our tickets and have to admit it was one of the best excursions I have ever been on, to say the tequila flowed freely would be an understatement and the picnic was awesome. In talking to others on the excursion who paid for it - they paid $98 each so I guess we got a pretty good deal. Would never do it for a cruise though - ends up costing more than it is worth.

Archived