Labadee - Nellies beach cabanas - logistics ??

cman67

I have booked 3 cabanas for a larege group (15) on an upcoming trip in Jan '17. The group has some folks in their 20s, 40s and 70s. One of the 70 year olds needs a wheelchair to get around and is a little hesitant to join us. He can transfer out of the chair but has trouble walking and can't walk long distances.

I booked 2 over the water and 1 beach cabana for the day. I've never been to Labadee so I' m looking for some specific answers so I can make everyone comforatble with the decision.

1. When we step off the ship onto the peir how far are the golf cart shuttles?

2. Will they take all 15 of us?

3. The 70 year olds will be in the beach cabana. Can the shuttle bring them right to the cabana?

4. Is lunch included and how far a walk is it?

5. I read that there are wheelchairs with big wheels for the sand. Can you use one for the day or is it just to move people from place to place?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to remember what happened with my father. I think when he got off the ship there was a wheelchair to take him on the pier. Then off the pier to the cabana checkin area where we got on the golf cart. We were at barefoot, the golf cart dropped us off outside and he had to walk from the entrance to the cabana.

I have booked 3 cabanas for a larege group (15) on an upcoming trip in Jan '17. The group has some folks in their 20s, 40s and 70s. One of the 70 year olds needs a wheelchair to get around and is a little hesitant to join us. He can transfer out of the chair but has trouble walking and can't walk long distances.

I booked 2 over the water and 1 beach cabana for the day. I've never been to Labadee so I' m looking for some specific answers so I can make everyone comforatble with the decision.

What beach are the cabanas on, Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach?

1. When we step off the ship onto the pier how far are the golf cart shuttles?

There will be wheelchairs with big wheels as you exit the ship, if not, just wait a bit for one to return from dropping off others. It's a 5 min. walk to the first roundabout where you catch a tram or a larger shuttle/tram.

2. Will they take all 15 of us?

The tram/golf cart to Barefoot Beach only holds 6-8 people, they will come back and pick up the others, it's a very short ride. If you ask, the driver may also take you to Nellie's beach. If you want to all go together to Nellie's, there's also a larger tram that holds 20+, just ask any of the locals or a worker where that tram is located for pick up.

3. The 70 year olds will be in the beach cabana. Can the shuttle bring them right to the cabana?

Barefoot Beach----no, the tram will only take you to the entrance of Barefoot.

Nellie's Beach------no shuttle/tram will take you directly to over the water cabana. The trams do not go on the beach. As far as the other cabana, it depends where it's located, I have seen the small tram take guests who had difficulty walking, directly to some of the cabanas on Nellie's.

4. Is lunch included and how far a walk is it?

Yes for Barefoot Beach which has the upgraded lunch, a few hundred feet from either the entrance or the beach to lunch, where they have tables, chairs and umbrellas.

Yes if your on Nellie's Beach, the complimentary buffet lunch is available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee. Rental of the Nellie's Beach Cabanas does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club. Walk is not far away for lunch.

5. I read that there are wheelchairs with big wheels for the sand. Can you use one for the day or is it just to move people from place to place?

The wheelchairs are to transport people to the beach and back to the boat. I don't think you would be able to keep one for the day as they is a limited number of them, you can try asking at Guest Services.

Thanks in advance!

See comments in red.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising