Orlando/Port Canaveral UBER seervice

basel2

I've not heard of UBER around here (Cape Canaveral/Melbourne)

but the UBER map says we have it .....

A recent article in the paper talking about a local driver said he went to Orlando to 'work'

using the Orlando 'rate chart' of $1.20 a mile and 0.13 a minute ... I'd use 50 miles and 50 minutes and get an estimate of $66.50 .... how does UBER deal with tolls? This adds $3

You can do a one way rental car for less.

Edited by Capt_BJ

oops

exceeded the edit time cop again (stupid rule)

digging more ... the UBER rates here on the coast are $1.80 and $0.20. So using 50 and 50 (port to airport) you get $100 which is the estimated taxi fare . . .

AND ... the port charges livery vehicles a fee to enter ... shuttles and taxis all must pay a surcharge unless they are on the port 'contract' {888 taxi has the contract for taxi}

how does UBER work at the port? Hmmmmmmmmm

I too would like to hear from someone who's done it.

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Replying here b/c it's Google's first result. We took uber from Port Canaveral to MCO today. It was awesome. We ordered UberXL, 4 people + lots of luggage. 5 minute wait. $115 including tolls in a super nice large Buick SUV with 7 seats (entourage?). Awesome retired NASA employee was our driver. At least according to the app there were lots of Uber cars in the general location that morning, and there were three ships in port (so lots of people).

Replying here b/c it's Google's first result. We took uber from Port Canaveral to MCO today. It was awesome. We ordered UberXL, 4 people + lots of luggage. 5 minute wait. $115 including tolls in a super nice large Buick SUV with 7 seats (entourage?). Awesome retired NASA employee was our driver. At least according to the app there were lots of Uber cars in the general location that morning, and there were three ships in port (so lots of people).

Good info thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use their app to estimate the cost and was getting well over $150 using Orlando international airport to Port Canaveral. What was I doing wrong? I was figuring I was going to use a shuttle instead for that big a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to use the Uber website page where you can get a fare estimate. When I put in the address of the Radisson 8701 Astronaut Blvd. Cape Canaveral, FL to the Carnival Cruise Terminal, the Uber website gives me an error message. Google maps says 2.5 miles, 4 minutes.

Anyone have an idea of uber price or taxi price ? We won't be taking the shuttle. Rhody Rides, I would love if you could chime in here.

We will likely drop our luggage off at the terminal first, then need a ride from Radisson to terminal. Most likely 2 people only. Others traveling are planning to take the shuttle from the hotel.

Edited by angela12345

My app says $6-8 from the Radisson to the cruise port, $9-12 for an Uber XL (larger car). We had great success with Uber in Miami, although we nearly didn't fit our two large suitcases in the hatchback that arrived...this time we are a party of 3 with 3 large suitcases, so we'll request an Uber XL for our upcoming trip out of Port Canaveral.

I will be in Port Canaveral on March 22nd with Royal Caribbean for the day. I want to go to Universal Studios from the port. I don't really want to take the excursion through the ship because it doesn't give you much time. I am a little nervous about getting back to the ship in time with all the traffic there will be since it's spring break. I'm interested in finding out how much uber would be.

• 10 months later...

Hello - Yes I am an UBER driver and we offer an excellent service in and all around the Port Canaveral area. I pick up families headed to Orlando International Airport and all area attractions EVERY DAY. :)

• 1 month later...
Interested in Uber cost from port Canaveral to Universal studios as well and whether it would be cost effective to take a taxi or maybe rent a car?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UberX is estimated at $75-$95. Taxi will be much more. For that distance a rental car will be much cheaper.

• 5 months later...

It depends on what you want to deal with after getting off your cruise ship.

If you have a couple people that want to split a Uber / Lyft ride. If you do not want to deal with taking a rental shuttle to car rental, wait in line, pick up car, drive car back to rental, drop off car, take shuttle. Uber or Lyft may be the way to go as its simple fast and easy. Grab a friend you met on the boat and split the ride. Make sure you grab a Lyft Plus car or Uber XL with over 3 people and large amounts of luggage. Lyft app right now shows $77.00 fare from Port Canaveral to MCO Orlando airport right at passenger drop off point. I think our rental car was about $122.00

Lyft used to offer a promo for a discount off your ride when you put in the promo code TRIALRIDE into the Lyft app promo code section. Not sure if that still works but worth a try if you download Lyft and go that route.

I am unaware of what the prices are sponsored by the cruise ships for transport per person. Hope that helps. Have a great cruise! :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:confused: Where can you find a shuttle service for $14.95 per person? Carnival is $36.00.

goportcanaveral.com

I have never used this service before but I found it while searching shuttles for our upcomnig cruise.