Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

We live in San Antonio so when we get home it is off to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for a good Mexican (not TexMex) dinner followed by a couple weeks of Mexican food for dinner at home. I love the spicy food and find the ship food to be a bit bland.

We live in San Antonio so when we get home it is off to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for a good Mexican (not TexMex) dinner followed by a couple weeks of Mexican food for dinner at home. I love the spicy food and find the ship food to be a bit bland.

Only a "bit" bland? Princess has no idea what "spicy" means! I like their food for the most part but I really do wish they had some spicy dishes.

Only a "bit" bland? Princess has no idea what "spicy" means! I like their food for the most part but I really do wish they had some spicy dishes.

Totally agree. Suppose because it's basically mass catering, they go with the middle ground, ie bland

The absolutely first thing we did when we arrived at the Vancouver airport after our Alaska cruise was to find a STARBUCKS and finally enjoy a cup of really good coffee!!!!!!! This is NOT a joke! I do not understand why ships of several fleets sail without decent coffee to drink on board. For gosh sakes this is the 21st century.

First meal off the ship, Mexican food such as a Carnitas Platter...don't have a huge appetite after all the food shipboard but really miss good Mexican fare.

As for a single item? Be they bangers or 'American' style link pork sausages, our 15 day Royal TA last Fall yielded up some nasty sawdusty replicas, good on first bite with a promising snap and fair seasoning, then a pasty suet and flour filler at the end. Meh :cool:

We have done a Thanksgiving cruise the last two years. I love the food in the MDR but Princess's Chefs have zero idea about American Thanksgiving Dinner, so It's a real turkey dinner for us and pumpkin pie.

Princess makes some of the worst pumpkin pie I've ever tasted but no complaints about their turkey legs. ;)

One of the first things i want is a cold beer with some fried catfish fillets, garlic mashed potatoes, some coleslaw & some texas toast. Then after i wake up from my nap from being full i want some warm peach cobbler and french vanilla ice cream then a class of cold milk to wash it down. After that i will sit down for a while and wonder how and why i stuffed myself like that when i was on a diet !!!! I guess i can start the diet tomorrow, "right"? (-:

One of the first things i want is a cold beer with some fried catfish fillets, garlic mashed potatoes, some coleslaw & some texas toast. Then after i wake up from my nap from being full i want some warm peach cobbler and french vanilla ice cream then a class of cold milk to wash it down. After that i will sit down for a while and wonder how and why i stuffed myself like that when i was on a diet !!!! I guess i can start the diet tomorrow, "right"? (-:

Wow I love it!!! haha LOL. I start my diet every Monday. :eek: :eek:

Tony