Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

Philly cheese-steak!!

Dunkin' Donuts is always on my list.:) ... and if they don't have onboard, some sushi.. and a Ruby Red grapefruit margarita

::NO, people, not at the exactly the same time::: :rolleyes:

Why do the ships don't have donuts.

Peanut and muster sandwitch

Do you ever try to pay for your dinner with your sail and sign card

I tried that at the golf couse cuz the bartender is also our TA. He bought me a drink.;)

We must be food impaired out here! The best Cheese Steak I ever had was on the Grand last Jan. and despite a near daily indulgence at Krispy Creme, I think PC's fresh holeless donuts at Breakfast are a lot better.

That's a very interesting question, Irishjayne. Especially when you consider how much the ship has. I thought of a lot of foods I miss while onboard but the one thing that sticks out is, oddly enough, white rice. Some good, plain, home-cooked white rice. Go figure. The ship has rice but it's just not the same.

I always miss sushi when I'm on a Princess cruise. The sushi they offer is not really sushi. I go out to my favourite sushi place and have a big platter within a day or two of returning home.

After this 15 day cruise we just took I know what you mean about eating food. I didn't think about eating anything until the woman at breakfast said she was dying for a potato chip. Then she got me thinking. That's why I thought it would be an interesting questiong to pose to others.

By the time I get home, I'm tired of eating . . . yuk

I feel the same way! :(

There is so much food on the ship that I don't have time (or the stomach) to miss any other food.

We do, however have a tradition of eating BBQ pork the night we come home from any vacation. We have three or four favorite restaurants to choose from.

O.K. Irish here goes. I was also on the same cruise as she and besides eating our way throughout the ship the one thing that I did miss was good old Mexican food like we get here in Calif. The mexican food on the ship is not bad but hey out here we have more mexican restaurants in our town than anything else. Also we have a very good hamburger place we use here in town that is a little bit better than the one on the ship although that is not bad.

Oh, I forgot once in awhile I like a good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Marilyn

P.S. Good topic, Irish

The Princess Shuttle from FLL to Tampa makes a stop at McDonald's with an Arby's in the next lot. Arby's isn't crowded so we eat there....what a slap into reality that is. :eek:

The Princess Shuttle from FLL to Tampa makes a stop at McDonald's with an Arby's in the next lot. Arby's isn't crowded so we eat there....what a slap into reality that is. :eek:

Donna you HAVE to have misunderstood the question. Tell me you had the Arbys because it was time to eat, you didnt want to cook when you got home because you were tired. Its not possible that you MISSED having ARBYs on the ship is it?

Im not kidding people, there is not one single item I missed having on that ship. They could feed me till I die, Id be very happy. Karen