Park at Fulton & stay on Bourbon??

AprilJ

Does it make sense to park our car at the Fulton St garage, them cab it to a Bourbon St hotel?? I hate to pay $40 for valet parking per night. We are staying 2 nights prior to the cruise, so I was thinking we could just park and be done with the car for 7 days. Thoughts?

• 2 months later...

We did that exact thing. We were in New Orleans for 2 nights prior to our cruise so we booked Fulton for those nights as well as cruise. We left our large luggage locked in trunk and took a cab to our hotel with overnight bags. Morning of cruise we took cab back to Fulton, got our luggage and took their shuttle to the port. FYI no one was at garage when we arrived so we took a ticket and entered, drove up and parked on roof. When we got to the garage cruise morning we checked in and gave them our paperwork and they gave us the slip of paper to exit the garage on return, which we left in our car.

We are doing the same thing in February. Staying at the Doubletree on Canal (which has huge--IMHO) valet parking fee. When we get into town, we will go to the hotel, drop off our overnight bag, then drive on to Fulton and just walk back to the hotel. We always walk from our hotel (usually around Canal) down to the French Qtr anyway, so no real difference.

We have booked at the Hilton Riverside, so I think we will go to hotel and check in / drop off all our luggage, then drive over to Fulton and park. The parking fee at the Hilton is $38 and we are staying 2 nights.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you reserve prior to arrival? Can you part without an advanced registration. We are staying at emabssy suites? Is there another cheap place to park close to embassy?

You don't have to make an advanced reservation but the cost is higher if you don't, plus you risk the garage being full. As far as I know, it's the cheapest place close to where you are staying. Here's the link where you can make reservations: http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_new_orleans_parking_rooftop_msz