Coffee card problems on Sun Princess

None of the coffee service places on the Sun last week would ac knowledge the Free coffee from the card In two instances they were really rude I took it up with the Bar Manager and he agreed it should be available and could not understand why his staff did not know about it So Keep arguing folks if you are told NO

The International Cafe said he did not do brewed coffee unless he punched for it nd so did the Horizon man

Hope you do better than Idid

A managerial issue for sure, I like that complimentary drinkable coffee via the card. The stuff in the Horizon Court is no doubt still bad. Recently on P&O UK - Aurora/Oriana, complimentary cappuccinos in MDR at dinner.

Edited by NSWP

Yes it was frustrating not for what we were missing but because they dealt with us as if we were stupid and expecting something for nothing If this is going to be a problem on other cruises I will not bother to buy a card

Yes it was frustrating not for what we were missing but because they dealt with us as if we were stupid and expecting something for nothing If this is going to be a problem on other cruises I will not bother to buy a card

I think it may have been a one off, never encountered it before and no problem on Diamond

Thanks for the warning. I've just printed the online details of coffee card for our Sun Princess cruise in January which says "unlimited brewed coffee" and will have that with me ... don't think I want that argument daily on a 46 day cruise! On Diamond Princess last month we also got 'free' hot chocolate without having anything else on the same order, do you know if that's possible on Sun Princess? I have a feeling it's not though don't see why it should be different to Diamond.

We recently completed a top end cruise on the Sun and not only had no trouble with the card that was sold on board, but they let me finish off our old Sea Princess card as well. Everyone knew what to do and that was this month. I do agree that horizons coffee is awful though.

Gnome.

Thanks for the warning. I've just printed the online details of coffee card for our Sun Princess cruise in January which says "unlimited brewed coffee" and will have that with me ... don't think I want that argument daily on a 46 day cruise! On Diamond Princess last month we also got 'free' hot chocolate without having anything else on the same order, do you know if that's possible on Sun Princess? I have a feeling it's not though don't see why it should be different to Diamond.

Yes free hot chocolate and free freshly brewed pot of tea

Thanks for the info - love the hot chocolate!!

DW said that white chocolate hot chocolate was to die for, not sure if it was free or a punch, but she was hooked. about half the time they didn't even punch her card.

Take the Nescafe Cappucino sachets on board, very handy up at the Buffet, better than that vile stuff from the machine made from syrup they call coffee.

When DW drank coffee they were what she took. Now it's all tea.

Good on you for seeing it through.

The coffee card entitles you to free brewed coffee so long as the card was purchased on that cruise. Any unused "punches" for specialty coffee may be used on future cruises, but not the free brewed coffee.

Not good for the princess staff who served you, they are very dependent on good customer feed back for their careers with the fleet...

Going on my first Princess cruise in January and have been reading through this thread but am a bit confused. Is the 'brewed coffee' which I think people are saying you get free by having a card different from the 'road tar that Princess serve up as free coffee'? Thanks!

Going on my first Princess cruise in January and have been reading through this thread but am a bit confused. Is the 'brewed coffee' which I think people are saying you get free by having a card different from the 'road tar that Princess serve up as free coffee'? Thanks!

We have just returned from a Sea Princess cruise and the Coffee Card is now $36 and is good for 15 coffees and unlimited hot chocolates and if you don't use them all, it will carry over to your next cruise.

Basically there are three types of coffee.

Free in the buffet and D/R some say mode on syrup, I'm no coffee drinker (maybe one week at most) but it wasn't too bad the cup or two I did have.

Specialy coffee with a punch on your card (or maybe not), pretty darn good, these wre your lattes and cappcinos etc probably as good as you get at most coffee shops on land.

The free with the card, these were brewed coffee from a drip type coffee maker (I didn't try it).

Basically there are three types of coffee.

Free in the buffet and D/R some say mode on syrup, I'm no coffee drinker (maybe one week at most) but it wasn't too bad the cup or two I did have.

Specialy coffee with a punch on your card (or maybe not), pretty darn good, these wre your lattes and cappcinos etc probably as good as you get at most coffee shops on land.

The free with the card, these were brewed coffee from a drip type coffee maker (I didn't try it).

The free brewed coffees with the card are only supposed to be available on the cruise where you buy the card, but un-used 'punches' can be used on a future cruise to buy speciality coffees.

We find the coffee in the buffet varies in strength from OK to almost treacle. We quickly work out how much coffee and how much hot water to put in the cup. The downside is that sometimes it is a bit difficult to explain to a steward. Half & half is easy to explain, but one inch of coffee and the rest water (as on our last cruise) is a bit difficult.:)

The free brewed coffees with the card are only supposed to be available on the cruise where you buy the card, but un-used 'punches' can be used on a future cruise to buy speciality coffees.

We find the coffee in the buffet varies in strength from OK to almost treacle. We quickly work out how much coffee and how much hot water to put in the cup. The downside is that sometimes it is a bit difficult to explain to a steward. Half & half is easy to explain, but one inch of coffee and the rest water (as on our last cruise) is a bit difficult.:)

One reason I get my own on the very rare occasion I have one.

My partner bought the $36 card on our recent trip on Dawn Princess. She placed the card on her lanyard with her cruise card. Had one coffee and before she knew it, the card was torn away and promptly lost. Of course nobody is going to turn in a coffee card with 14 free coffees on it. We tried lost and found at the main desk twice, no luck. She was very disappointed but that's just the way it goes I guess. Lesson learned. Take a plastic sleeve that you can put your card in next time.