Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > P&O Cruises ( UK )

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

P&O Cruises ( UK ) - Company Profile & Ship Reviews

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizzog View Post
"We have looked at the adults only ships, Oriana in particular, I but they are all set dining and we really don't fancy that unless we can have a table for 2. (Aren't anti social, but prefer to have some quality time together on holiday)."

In the new 2014/15 pre-brochure leaflet it does say that freedom dining is going to be available on 6 P&O ships from next year might be worth checking this out when the new brochure comes out (next week?)
Thanks for that - will keep my eyes open. Nice of them to release the brochures just in time for the Easter holidays !

Sailed on:
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 29.10.13
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11
P&O Oceana Aug 2010
Ocean Village 2 Aug 2009
Louis Cruises Aug 2001

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto2 View Post
Many thanks for your help everyone - just read them all, some really helpful information.

We're totally undecided about what to do now be honest. We like the look of Azura, but as it will be peak season we know she will be full of families. I don't have an issue with that at all as long as we have some space and somewhere to relax. We have noticed that another ship - The Aurora we think - does the same cruise 3 weeks before Azura, but I imagine we will have the same problem on there as well.

We have looked at the adults only ships, Oriana in particular, I but they are all set dining and we really don't fancy that unless we can have a table for 2. (Aren't anti social, but prefer to have some quality time together on holiday).

Ahhhh, decisions, decisions. Any suggestions re nice ships appreciated !
Aurora is a great ship and not crowded at all. In fact you will find it has the most open deck space per passenger out of all the P&O ships. The Aurora and Oriana. Aurora has a good mix of passengers. I did the grand event last July on it and easily got a table for two in the main restaurant. It is true it has fixed dining, but if you are guaranteed a table for two at least you know you will be seated to eat opposed to a possible wait on other ships for a table to free up.

I had been keen to try Azura and did during its maiden season. After having been on similar ships it was just too crowded to enjoy any of it at all. If you like the shows then its a fight to get a seat.

Having tried Celebrity I did find they cater to more younger modern/trendy cruisers than P&O. Everything about Celebrity seemed as if they were innovative and keeping up with modern trends whilst P&O seemed to have the more traditional feel with rooots back to old time cruising. They tried to maintain the strict dress codes and formal approach to cruising.

Old March 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

We've just got a quote for 2 cruises - one a 14 day med cruise on Celebrity Eclipse in an AQ cabin and the other for the 17 day cruise on the Azura with a C deck cabin (thanks for your advice folks).

The price is more or less the same, but taking in to account OBC then Azura is £110 cheaper.

We are very tempted to be honest as we know that drinks on P&O are sooo much cheaper and fewer gratuity charges. Like the traditional feel of Oceana / P&O last time and sort of missed it on Celebrity.

The only thing that worries me is the old question re having a sunny spot on a sea day. Would appreciate it if anyone who knows the C deck cabins can let me know the chance of getting some sun on a sea day (weather permitting) in these cabins. We have been so lucky with our aft cabins on Silhouette so want something similar. Really don't care if we are overlooked. Similarly, if there is a better cabin for this please let us know.

All and any opinions appreciated

Many thanks

Sailed on:
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 29.10.13
Celebrity Silhouette 12:08:13
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:12
Celebrity Silhouette 10:08:11
P&O Oceana Aug 2010
Ocean Village 2 Aug 2009
Louis Cruises Aug 2001