Badge Reels or Lanyards for kids?

EcoStyleKim

Which do your kids prefer to wear - retractable badge reels or lanyards?

On NCL this winter, we had lanyards with reels for the kids but cards had a hole punched. From what I see at DCL, card is pouched rather than hole-punched. Wondering if that makes a difference for carrying preference.

Thanks cruisers!

If you want your kid's card punched, take it to GS where they will punch it for you. This used to be the code for "no charging" though--not sure if it still is.

Which ship? On the new ones, you don't need to swipe the lanyard--you just touch it to the door lock or check in, so you don't need to take it out of the pouch. On the older ships you swipe it each time, meaning that you must take it out. That might make a difference to you.

If you want your kid's card punched' date=' take it to GS where they will punch it for you. This used to be the code for "no charging" though--not sure if it still is.

Which ship? On the new ones, you don't need to swipe the lanyard--you just touch it to the door lock or check in, so you don't need to take it out of the pouch. On the older ships you swipe it each time, meaning that you must take it out. That might make a difference to you.[/quote']

I was on the Magic last November, and we just touched to get into our room - no swiping! It was fun watching one of my travel buddies attempt to get in by trying to get his key to the door without taking it out of his pocket. Funny guy. :p Isn't the magic and older ship??

I was on the Magic last November, and we just touched to get into our room - no swiping! It was fun watching one of my travel buddies attempt to get in by trying to get his key to the door without taking it out of his pocket. Funny guy. :p Isn't the magic and older ship??

Does anybody know if wonder has the ones where you touch it? I know she's going into dry dock this fall so hopefully she does if she doesn't have them already!

Yes, the Magic is the first ship...and I've been on her since the big dry dock. Within months of the dry dock, we were still inserting our cards. Seems that they've reconfigured the door locks since my last cruise--great! It is much easier to just touch it to the door. Do the lights still just turn on or do you have to put your card in the holder in order to have lights?

Yes' date=' the Magic is the first ship...and I've been on her since the big dry dock. Within months of the dry dock, we were still inserting our cards. Seems that they've reconfigured the door locks since my last cruise--great! It is much easier to just touch it to the door. Do the lights still just turn on or do you have to put your card in the holder in order to have lights?[/quote']

We didn't have to use our card to have the lights on! It might've been easier to need your card for one of my travel mates - that way he wouldn't have always forgotten where his card was! :D

EcoStyleKim,

You haven't mentioned the age of your children, but for the Club and the Lab, they have a Magic band similar to the Magic band's for the parks for being shipped in and out of those spaces. They do not open doors and cannot charge purchases to them like the park though.

ex techie