Fantasy: No King Beds??

RJake1

Looks like all rooms on Fantasy feature Queen beds only. Is this true? It seems very odd. Every other cruise line I've checked offers King beds. Is this just Disney being cheap??

All Disney ship have a queen bed as the main bed in all rooms. Subsequent beds are either the pullman-style sofa bed; a "regular" pull-out sofa bed; a bunk bed; or a Murphy bed.

It's always been that way.

Probably due to the "family" style image they do. Mom & Dad in the queen bed, and all the kids in the various other beds.

Looks like all rooms on Fantasy feature Queen beds only. Is this true? It seems very odd. Every other cruise line I've checked offers King beds. Is this just Disney being cheap??

We have cruised 4 different cruise lines and have never seen a king bed. Granted I have never been in a full suite so maybe that's what you're referring to, but I'd be interested to know what lines you found king beds on.

Carnival has king beds only because it's two twins pushed together. It's easier to do it this way but Disney keeps the queen to keep more with the family style because all rooms have the couch bed or upper bed

Well, the Magic & Wonder used to have the 2 twins that pushed together to make the queen bed until fairly recently. They were changed out to a single queen bed over the last couple of years. The Dream & Fantasy have always only had a queen bed.

Carnival has king beds only because it's two twins pushed together. It's easier to do it this way but Disney keeps the queen to keep more with the family style because all rooms have the couch bed or upper bed

2 twin beds pushed together make a queen bed not a king. Most lines do this for ease in converting rooms to different configurations. But I have never seen a king bed, I'm not even sure a king would fit in a standard room.

From the Royal Caribbean web site:

Q: What are the dimensions of the beds onboard?

A: Royal Caribbean’s stateroom beds across the entire fleet are twin beds that convert to a Royal King size bed. A Royal King bed measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long.

From the Royal Caribbean web site:

Q: What are the dimensions of the beds onboard?

A: Royal Caribbean’s stateroom beds across the entire fleet are twin beds that convert to a Royal King size bed. A Royal King bed measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long.

Yup. That's their definition of a king. A true king bed is 76 inches wide. Doesn't sound like a big difference but ask DW and she will tell you it's a mile [emoji41] lol

Yup. That's their definition of a king. A true king bed is 76 inches wide. Doesn't sound like a big difference but ask DW and she will tell you it's a mile [emoji41] lol

LOL.. I hear ya!

LOL. So true. I can recall the first time we ever slept in a King bed, many years ago, the night before a cruise. We sat on opposite sides of the bed and pretended to yell over to each other across the wide expanse.

Yeah, we were pretty easy to entertain. :)

LOL. So true. I can recall the first time we ever slept in a King bed, many years ago, the night before a cruise. We sat on opposite sides of the bed and pretended to yell over to each other across the wide expanse.

This totally sounds like us lol!

I fantasize about owning a king some day. I like to sleep where no one touches me and where I can flop all I want without touching anyone else. My husband thinks there is no need...of course he gets a good nights sleep every night...with his hand jutted out and touching me. :rolleyes:

I fantasize about owning a king some day. I like to sleep where no one touches me and where I can flop all I want without touching anyone else. My husband thinks there is no need...of course he gets a good nights sleep every night...with his hand jutted out and touching me. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm wandering off-topic here, but ...

Jen, if you get a king bed, look at the adjustable beds. #NotJustForOldsAnymore

We got a King adjustable a few years ago and omigosh, it's amazing. So comfy for relaxing and reading in bed. Or watching tv (yes, I know it's bad to have a tv in your bedroom, but it feels so right!).