GoPro Gopole allowed?

Mystic6

I know that selfie sticks are banned in the parks. I have a Gopole that I use with my GoPro when snorkeling. I used it last Summer at Castaway Cay with no issues. I'd like to use it again the year. Does anyone know if the selfie stick ban applies to CC now too?

I know that selfie sticks are banned in the parks. I have a Gopole that I use with my GoPro when snorkeling. I used it last Summer at Castaway Cay with no issues. I'd like to use it again the year. Does anyone know if the selfie stick ban applies to CC now too?

As far as I know, selfie sticks, and the like, are not banned on DCL.

When we were on the Dream the week before last, somebody rode the ASquaduck in front of us with a chest mounted GoPro.

Yes, you can use a GoPro on AquaDuck, as long as it's strapped to your body (head, chest). No free flying cameras allowed - as in with just a wrist strap.

They did used to allow all cameras, not just the strapped on ones, but too many of them were flying around and winding up under the boats and causing the ride to go down.

I have used my Gopro on a pole on both DCL excursions and non DCL excursions both SCUBA and snorkleing. No one has ever said anything about it. Since the excursions are run by contractors and nor DCL you shouldn't have any issues.