NEED St. Marteen and St. Thomas private dive operators

In 2006 In St. Thomas I booked through Blue Island divers and was really pleased. The owner is an American transplant. They picked us up at the cruise ship port for a 2 tank afternoon dive with just 5 divers and one dive master. No other boats on the sites. We went to Navy barges and Andres Reef on Buck Island. Both dives were shallow at about 50 feet for about 45 minutes. I saw 2 stingrays, sea turtle, porcupine fish, honeycomb cowfish, stoplight parrotfish, spanish hogfish, harlequinn bass, blue chromis, intermediate yellowtail damselfish? (with the blue dots) and nurse shark (no pic).

In St. Marteen, I did a shore dive through the ship in the Tiki Hut Snorkel and Dive park with Dive Safaris. They also picked us up at the cruise ship port. It was a 30ft hour long dive where they had at least 5 sunken vessels that attracted alot of fish. Saw lots of trumpetfish and squirrelfish in both St. Thomas and St. Marteen. Also saw lots of yellowtail snapper, blue tangs and various parrot fish. I sort of wish I had gone on a boat dive there instead.

I dived with Blue Island in November 2010 and was very happy, but also had heard good things about Admiralty Diving so thought I would give them a try when I'm there in August. I like to try different shops. But, when I contacted Admiralty, I got a very uninterested response that we could get on their 1 pm dive trip and they would get us back to the ship with only a 30 minute safety margin.

Since we get in at 9 am local time, I contacted Blue Island. They not only remembered that I had dived with them (after checking their records, I'm sure, I'm not that memorable LOL), but also offered my friend and me a three-tank dive. They are a 10-minute walk from the dock and we will be diving with them again.

Admiralty was great for us. We dove with them for a full day and they were very accommodating to our cruise schedule (as much as anyone can be considering they have a business to run and other divers). Our group of 4 divers and one bubble watcher booked many months in advance so we probably got the preference for where and what, but I found them easy to work with and I'm not easy to please being in the customer service business :)

Archived