Best all around 4 day cruise?

BPD007

A bunch of buddies and myself are turning 40 next year - I know it sucks getting old LOL

Anyways, we discussed doing a 4 day cruise. Anyone have any recommendations? We would be flying out of Miami/Ft Lauderdale.

We are looking to go next June 2014, is that a good time? Technically, we could go anytime in 2014 in March, April, June, July and August. May is out.

Oh and this would be a first cruise for many of us!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

For your age :D take a look at 4 nights on Celebrity Constellation. The food and service is second to none.

Thanks Runner.

They don't have any June cruises but I'll look at the others.

June is our first choice, is there a better time to go in the months I've listed?

Thanks

The best 4 day cruise I have ever taken was on RCI's Liberty of the Seas. It is one of RCI's giants that has the Flowrider, Solarium, Royal Promenade, etc. But she only does these short cruises during the winter months, so you'll have to look at March or early April.

The problem with March is Spring Break, But somehow, I don't think that will be a problem for a group of dudes. ;)

Thanks Runner.

They don't have any June cruises but I'll look at the others.

June is our first choice, is there a better time to go in the months I've listed?

Thanks

Celebrity sails in March and April a good time to leave chilly Boston. I'm afraid if to do a short 4 nighter on NCL, CCL or RCL it may turn you off from cruising.

Some cruisers will over indulge on those short cruises that I mention but with Celebrity not so much.

If a party hardy atmosphere and a very relaxed dress code is what you are looking for then I recommend Norwegian.

Try to fly in one day early !

The best 4 day cruise I have ever taken was on RCI's Liberty of the Seas. It is one of RCI's giants that has the Flowrider, Solarium, Royal Promenade, etc. But she only does these short cruises during the winter months, so you'll have to look at March.

Thanks Aqua. June is really the best time for us, I have to see if the group would be willing to be more flexible on the dates.

Celebrity sails in March and April a good time to leave chilly Boston. I'm afraid if to do a short 4 nighter on NCL, CCL or RCL it may turn you off from cruising.

That's what i am afraid of as well because for a few of us this will be our first cruise.

Some cruisers will over indulge on those short cruises that I mention but with Celebrity not so much.

If a party hardy atmosphere and a very relaxed dress code is what you are looking for then I recommend Norwegian.

Right. Maybe we can go for a 5 day cruise LOL.

Thanks for the advice again.

Thanks Aqua. June is really the best time for us, I have to see if the group would be willing to be more flexible on the dates.

Take a look at Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral or Vision of the Seas out of Port Everglades (both RCI). They are beautiful ships.

Another consideration is the ports, what do you want to do ? Parasail, golf, snorkel, zipline ?

Those are not essential, although personally I would love snorkel, parasailing, and nice beaches. My guess is my friends are not too into those activities.

If you are South Florida based, Royal Caribbean probably makes the most sense. But since you mentioned flying out, you might want to combine a cruise with a day or two in New York - and take a 4 day Carnival to Canada out of Manhattan or a 5 day Royal Caribbean to Bermuda (best island anywhere) out of Bayonne, NJ.. Neither of these are as likely to be the heavy partying sorts to be expected on a 4 day out of South Florida.

If you are South Florida based, Royal Caribbean probably makes the most sense. But since you mentioned flying out, you might want to combine a cruise with a day or two in New York - and take a 4 day Carnival to Canada out of Manhattan or a 5 day Royal Caribbean to Bermuda (best island anywhere) out of Bayonne, NJ.. Neither of these are as likely to be the heavy partying sorts to be expected on a 4 day out of South Florida.

HI there. We are Boston based, which is why I'm trying to convince them to go the 5 day cruise flying out of Florida.

Thanks

NCL sails 7 days to Bermuda out of Boston. You could get more ship days and save not having to pay airfare.

HAL sails two ships Canada/NE cruises from Boston, seven days.

NCL sails 7 days to Bermuda out of Boston. You could get more ship days and save not having to pay airfare.

HAL sails two ships Canada/NE cruises from Boston, seven days.

Yes I saw that Bermuda cruise.

We want to go somewhere warm, so Canada/NE cruises won't do.

Thanks

Many frequent cruisers will insist that 4 day cruises aren't worth it. While I prefer longer cruises, I'm not going to jump on that band wagon. I've only done one 4-day cruise and it was in order to take advantage of some use-them-or-lose-them credit card points.

My #1, non-negotiable requirement was that the ship HAD to go to TWO ports of call. I felt that just cruising out to one place then cruising back didn't incorporate one of the biggest advantages of a cruise vacation - unpack once, visit multiple locations. Our 4-day visited Key West and Mexico.

If you CAN manage to eek out an agreement to do a FIVE day, I'd highly recommend it. It's long enough to get a good feel for cruising, but still leave you wanting more. A 4-day doesn't really allow you enough time to settle into the cruise atmosphere before you're disembarking. That one extra day makes more of a difference than you think.

As others have said, cruising in June means you will be sailing with a LOT of children (school vacation) and a 4-day typically means a more PARTY atmosphere. But it should give you a taste of cruising. Just know ALL cruises don't have the same demographic.

ENJOY!!

If you do March or April, there will be a few more pretty good choices than the other months: Liberty of the Seas (4-nights sailing goes to Cozumel), Ruby Princess (goes to Grand Turk) and Celebrity Constellation (goes to Nassau and Key West), all out of Port Everglades.

Caribbean Princess also has 4-day sailing in August 2014.

But if you asked me MY best 4-day cruise, it was the Disney Dream, out of Port Canaveral. But based on the profile of your group, it may not be a good fit.

EDIT: Ruby Princess also has different 4-day itineraries in March/April 2014. One goes to Cozumel. Another one goes to both Princess Cays and Grand Turk in the same 4-day cruise.

Many frequent cruisers will insist that 4 day cruises aren't worth it. While I prefer longer cruises, I'm not going to jump on that band wagon. I've only done one 4-day cruise and it was in order to take advantage of some use-them-or-lose-them credit card points.

My #1, non-negotiable requirement was that the ship HAD to go to TWO ports of call. I felt that just cruising out to one place then cruising back didn't incorporate one of the biggest advantages of a cruise vacation - unpack once, visit multiple locations. Our 4-day visited Key West and Mexico.

If you CAN manage to eek out an agreement to do a FIVE day, I'd highly recommend it. It's long enough to get a good feel for cruising, but still leave you wanting more. A 4-day doesn't really allow you enough time to settle into the cruise atmosphere before you're disembarking. That one extra day makes more of a difference than you think.

As others have said, cruising in June means you will be sailing with a LOT of children (school vacation) and a 4-day typically means a more PARTY atmosphere. But it should give you a taste of cruising. Just know ALL cruises don't have the same demographic.

ENJOY!!

Then if in March/April can you recommend a particular cruise line?

I am leaning more towards the 5 day cruise and I agree with the more than 1 ports of call.

Then if in March/April can you recommend a particular cruise line?

I am leaning more towards the 5 day cruise and I agree with the more than 1 ports of call.

Okay, 5 days. I'm staying with Celebrity.:)

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Constellation

Fort Lauderdale, Cozumel, Key West, Fort Lauderdale.

Okay, 5 days. I'm staying with Celebrity.:)

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Constellation

Fort Lauderdale, Cozumel, Key West, Fort Lauderdale.

Ok I see that cruise. Why do you prefer that one if I may ask?

Thanks

Archived