$110 more for aft balcony?

MaiTaiMary

I most certainly would, love the aft cabins. Just booked a wrap balcony on the Splendor

The only Splendor aft facing cabins I wouldn't book are the dead-center cabins. They're narrower than than the others.

If my Veranda Balcony cabin is aft of about 8292 or 8293 I would happily pay $110 to move to an Aft Balcony on the Upper deck. I wouldn't want to be under the Lido pool areas or buffet. Too much of a chance to have a noisy cabin. Otherwise I personally wouldn't pay extra for the aft view, but to be fair a lot of people really like it.

I had an aft on the Dream and yes I would book one again but only if I got a great deal.

The negatives I experienced, at least on the Dream are as follow.

The Dream is a big ship so we were a country mile from everything.

The aft got quite hot due to no breeze.

Due to the design you have way less privacy than normal balconies. The people above can look down on you and the people beside can see around the divider even if they are not really trying.

Again due to the location and the design we constantly had soot on our patio furniture and the floor of the balcony. I am talking to the point where on more than one occasion we could not sit down and the bottoms of our feet got black.

Having said that for $110.00 why not check it out.

I paid $77 to upgrade DH & I to an aft on the Valor about 3 weeks prior to sailing. We had no soot problems & it was very quiet back there.

It was mid-March and was only hot during mid day like from 12-2. I've had an interior to GS and this was the best cabin we've ever had.

I'd do it.

Would you pay $110 more for an aft facing extended balcony on the upper deck vs. a "regular" balcony cabin on the Verandah deck? :cool:

No, if one can afford a aft-wrap. get that, otherwise use your $110 for drinks.. The "aft only" cabins are overhyped. I'm surprised how many people pay the premium.

I had an aft on the Dream and yes I would book one again but only if I got a great deal.

The negatives I experienced, at least on the Dream are as follow.

The Dream is a big ship so we were a country mile from everything.

The aft got quite hot due to no breeze.

Due to the design you have way less privacy than normal balconies. The people above can look down on you and the people beside can see around the divider even if they are not really trying.

Again due to the location and the design we constantly had soot on our patio furniture and the floor of the balcony. I am talking to the point where on more than one occasion we could not sit down and the bottoms of our feet got black.

Having said that for $110.00 why not check it out.

For all these reasons I would just say " thanks, but no thanks " !

I say do it! Hubby and I had our first aft balcony on Glory last year, first balcony ever actually lol we loved it! Just booked another aft balcony for the Breeze this November.

We didn't mind the walk when you were at the front and had to go back to the room, we're pretty active people and we barely even use the elevators :)

We loved how quiet it was, less foot traffic in that area. There was sometimes a bit of a vibration but it was actually relaxing lol Never had a problem with soot on the balcony. They did come in one afternoon when we were in port to paint the wood railing on the balcony, but it was fine to touch later that day so no biggie for us.

Loved the view, loved laying out on the chaise at night and looking at the stars. They aren't too private, if you're back away from the railing your neighbors can see just just by turning their head if they are at their railing, and people above you can see you at the railing. We booked on deck 9 for the Breeze so we wont have people above us and I understand that the Lido deck overhangs covering the balcony completely, making it a bit more private.

Would you pay $110 more for an aft facing extended balcony on the upper deck vs. a "regular" balcony cabin on the Verandah deck? :cool:

We love the aft extended balcony cabins. They are much deeper than regular balconies. You can actually lay on a lounge chair facing out. We will only book the aft extended ones! That is a great price for the upgrade. I wouldn't hesitate to do it!

Edited by JennyD1

You will love aft! Quiet and calm in the back of the ship! You do have a lot of walking but that is to most things anyway. I don't know if I would like the low aft's because we always try to get an aft that is one deck lower than lido. it is very easy to go up for food, drink or ice cream. We have been on at least 5 ships in an aft balcony and the only one we had any issue with was the Dream. It was hot getting ready for dinner. We weren't uncomfortable sleeping but we traveled in March and I would think it would be very uncomfortable in the hot months.

Go for it I don't think you will be sorry.

Patti

Edited by pittypat