Flights to Europe

krwilson85

My wife & I are going on a Western Mediterranean cruise in September. We'll spend a few days pre-cruise in Barcelona and a few days post cruise in Paris. Does SEA to BCN, BCN to CDG, CDG to SEA for $1500 per person seem like a reasonable fare? The flights would be on either Lufthansa or Air France. Is this about as good as we'll get booking 5 months in advance? Any tips or suggestions I'd appreciate. I've never booked a multi destination flight, so its all new to me. Would it be easier to use a European airline such as Vueling to Paris? Thanks!

Edited by krwilson85

My wife & I are going on a Western Mediterranean cruise in September. We'll spend a few days pre-cruise in Barcelona and a few days post cruise in Paris. Does SEA to BCN, BCN to CDG, CDG to SEA for $1500 per person seem like a reasonable fare? The flights would be on either Lufthansa or Air France. Is this about as good as we'll get booking 5 months in advance? Any tips or suggestions I'd appreciate. I've never booked a multi destination flight, so its all new to me. Would it be easier to use a European airline such as Vueling to Paris? Thanks!

I would price the open jaw (1st and 3rd leg) by itself and compare the difference to using Vueling or Iberia on the 2nd leg. Although Veuling and Iberia are the same flight with Iberia code sharing, check pricing on both websites and also factor in baggage/processing/pick your seat fees. My experience has been that the price will not be the same.

There are also high speed trains that do the trip in a little over 6 hours that when everything being equal probably isn't much longer than the flight once you consider your time spent at the airports and getting to the city center.

I watch fares from SEA to Europe all the time. I don't think $1500 is bad.

You didn't give your dates, so I just picked a random 14 day period in Sept. I found prices for a RT ticket, SEA-BCN, then CDG-SEA for ~$1305. Adding in the BCN-CDG flight bumps it up to ~$1412. Of course, your dates may change the price

I don't know where you are searching, but try using this:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Edited by 6rugrats