Shuttle Civitavecchia

Mrs Miggins

On our last visit we decided to stay onboard in Civitavecchia. I know that the Port Authority run shuttle busses from previous visits on other cruise lines. I have looked on the Ports of Call Board and realise that the shuttle bus stops have changed. Just wondered what recent visitors on Azamara have experienced. I presume that Azamara also use the regular Port Authority busses ?Thinking about going into Rome by train, which we have done several times before, but DH is having a few walking problems at the moment and it appears getting to the station is now more problematic.

Pam, the new shuttle bus stop is now quite a long way from the station and was implemented about 18 months ago when major building works to upgrade the port was starting. I thought it was a permanent change.

However, on our Viking cruise last month the shuttle bus dropped people at the original stop at the port gates. Not sure whether this was because it was winter and the port was quiet, or if this is something Viking have organised for their passengers, or if things have now reverted to the original location.

The 'new' stop is far less convenient for passengers