Stockholm Port

TxnAquarian

We are booked for a June 2018 Baltic cruise that starts with an overnight in Stockholm. Since it's an overnight, I was hoping the ship will be docked right in the city (where we docked with Seabourn). I know there is another port further out for the larger ships, but I'm wondering if Azamara uses the city port.

Michael

We live in Stockholm and my husband sees the cruise ships when going to work. It is often Oceania, Seabourn etc and other smaller ships he sees near the old town and "Slussen". Azamara rarely docks there, at least so says my husband... Värtahamnen is the other port cruise ships use in Stockholm.

If you have any other questions about Stockholm just ask!

I would have thought June 2018 as opposed to June 2017 is too far away to determine the exact location. The reason I say this is we once did an Oceania cruise which was originally meant to be docked in the city, but it was suddenly changed to the big cruise terminal.

It won't matter anyway, you can get local buses very easily into town from either location. One of the most beautiful cities in the world and perfect time of year to be there too.:)

I have docked in Stockholm twice. There are several locations where you could dock. The port provides shuttle buses for many ships. The shuttles take you to the Opera House. From there you can walk to the old town and many other sites. You can also pick up the HOHO bus/ferry or the trams. Stockholm is a great port.

We docked in Vartahamnen (sp) in August 2015. A very kind cruise critic member had posted photos in the Ports of Call of the bus stop so it was easy to find our way. It was across a big parking lot and one street, but really easy to find (could see it from the ship). Almost a straight shot. Don't know about the shuttle. We didn't want to wait for it because we were trying to get to the Vasa Museum early. We thoroughly enjoyed Stockholm!