HAL's French Onion Soup Recipe

ZIPPY5150

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have HAL's French Onion soup recipe?Zippy

I'm pretty sure you can find it on line with a search. I say this because my wife found their bread pudding recipe with a simple query.

I agree, it is very good, and no shortage of cheese.

Edited by MermaidWatcher

If you do find the recipe you could do us a favor and forward it to the executive chef of the Veendam. A few months ago we spend 28 days on the Veendam and the French Onion soup was a popular option at our table, with one of our tablemates being a fanatic and ordering it at every dinner. After she sent back a few bowls that lacked any onions and/or cheese it became a nighty joke at our table (the waiter also had some fun). Eventually we would tell the waiter to please make sure the soup had extra onions (which to us meant any onions) and extra cheese (which was not always melted). Although the soup was usually pretty good, there was no consistency from night to night (and sometimes between 2 bowls at the same meal). We have been on a few other HAL cruises (we are 4 Star Mariners) and had never had this problem on other cruises.

Hank

P.S. We had such a fun table on the Veendam...so the substandard soup became just one more entertainment medium at our table. The lady at our table who ordered it every night was sometimes surprised when our waiter would bring her an extra large bowl filled with the soup.