Uxmal with Autoprogreso

maldenmusic

We've done 4 tours with Autoprogreso but never to Uxmal. Tried to book it last June but there weren't enough people to do the tour so we ended up at Technotel which was fine. Has anyone gone to Uxmal with AP and how was it? The price is much more reasonable than through Carnival and we've always received great service with AP.

Been a couple of years but we did the tour to Uxmal with AP. No complaints from us on the tour. The bus we were on was comfortable for the ride there and back. When we got there they took care of all the ticketing and got everyone into the park together. Our guide was terrific really spending time to inform everyone and answer questions. We had plenty of time to explore by ourselves before leaving and importantly never felt rushed. We thought we really got a good deal for the dollar. For what its worth, the Carnival tour there that day left about a half hour before ours and they were entering the park when we arrived, so they got about 20-30 minutes more there. They left the park first and we left shortly after them, however our bus arrived a good 20 minutes before their bus on the return trip. I wouldn't hesitate to use them to go to Uxmal again.

Been a couple of years but we did the tour to Uxmal with AP. No complaints from us on the tour. The bus we were on was comfortable for the ride there and back. When we got there they took care of all the ticketing and got everyone into the park together. Our guide was terrific really spending time to inform everyone and answer questions. We had plenty of time to explore by ourselves before leaving and importantly never felt rushed. We thought we really got a good deal for the dollar. For what its worth, the Carnival tour there that day left about a half hour before ours and they were entering the park when we arrived, so they got about 20-30 minutes more there. They left the park first and we left shortly after them, however our bus arrived a good 20 minutes before their bus on the return trip. I wouldn't hesitate to use them to go to Uxmal again.

Thanks for the info. We are gong to try this again in June and hopefully the tour will fill.

We just did the Uxmal tour with Autoprogresso in Jan. and would recommend it. There were about 15 people on the bus, it left on time, our guide did a very nice job, and the ruins were well worth seeing. On the return, the bus dropped us right at the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this tour w AP several yrs ago and we're fortunate enough to be the only 2 on the tour. We went by car w a driver and tour guide. Our guide was wonderful. We even had time to stop and eat at an authentic mexican restaurant. We really enjoyed everything about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Was it hard to find the AP people when you to get to progresso?

AP staff will be in the pier usually standing out front of their store. After you walk through the first duty free shop (the only way you can go through I believe) you will come out into an open area and the AP shop will be on your left. Hard to miss. I usually deal with Guadalupe who speaks English and will help you arrange your tour. We have always received great service with AP.

We have done this tour with them twice. Great both times. The first time we took a large bus, the second time it was in a large van. Kind of like the small school bus/hotel shuttle with better seats.

I would use them again in a heartbeat.

We went to Uxmal and then to Merida to the market. Merida has great prices. We liked Uxmal. The site is large similar to Chichen Itza, but not as crowded. We had a little difficulty finding their booth outside the terminal. I would definitely take this tour again.

• 11 months later...