2017 Crystal WC is out

zoncom

• 2 weeks later...

I was waitlisted on this cruise but when the invoice came from my TA the cost was up $17,000 for the same suite from 2016. Too rich for my blood. Really sorry we had to cancel as we were looking forward to the circumnavigation of South America.

2015, Jan 21-March 21. Ruby Princess FtL- LA.from around $6500 inc. taxes. No, its not Crystal but a really extensive SA cruise. Infinity goes down every year too.Dec. as I recall. I was fooling around with a sort of WC using various lines if my Oceania falls through. This would be the starter cruise.

Edited by zoncom

This seems like a really nice South American Cruise but I would not consider it to be a World Cruise.

Scott & Karen

I agree. A number of cruise lines call their longer cruises "World Cruises" which I found very misleading when I started researching a world voyage. I prefer "Grand Voyage", "Exotic Voyage" or even "Extended Voyage" if the ship does not actually circumnavigate the Earth.

I would like to do a South American cruise but Crystal will not be in my future unless someone I know wins the lottery and gives me a few million (I don't play the lottery).:D

• 4 weeks later...
This seems like a really nice South American Cruise but I would not consider it to be a World Cruise.

Scott & Karen

I have taken several World Cruises with Crystal Cruises and for us they have been amazing.

Some have been region specific including a similar itinerary in 2013 that was focused on South America, or one from 2012 which focused mainly on the Pacific Region while on others that sailed to several areas of the world. Each one has been very unique and in many ways a "life changer". This is because each journey has taken us to many unique places and provides some extraudinary experiences both on and off the ship.

I realize that some people think that a World Cruise has to circumvent the entire world or a large portion of it but our experience is that is not what makes for a successful world cruise.

For us it is the entire package and each of these world cruises has offered so much in the way of enrichment, entertainment, unique tours, overland and the opportunity to make lifelong friends.

Keith