Experience with Kon Tiki Sightseeing Sail

VTcruisenut

One of the shore excursions offered on St. Thomas by HAL is the Kon Tiki Sightseeing sail on a barge type vessel with a glass bottom view and a beach stop where they dock right at the beach so none of the hassle of the rope ladders to get back on the catamaran. Anyone gone on this and is it worth the $49.95 per person for the 3 1/2 hours? We haven't really booked any shore excursions yet, and have done the island drive around tour thing before. Thanks for any input!

I did this tour last year. My son an I loved it. It is worth every penny. You get on the boat, its like a ferry, right next to the ship. The steel band starts playing as soon as you get on. There are games like the limbo and name that tune, so much fun. They take you on a tour of the island, then they go over a reef and open up the big doors to view all sea life. Then you'll be taken to a beautiful beach and if you want there's BBQ food to buy, which is very good. There is free water and punch on the boat too. Take this tour, you won't be sorry, it's really great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the tour two years ago and were pleasantly surprised. The staff made all the difference - they were having a good time and you could tell. The boat stopped at a beach for about an hour. The free drink tasted like metal (not a good thing). It was a VERY short walk from our ship (were were on the Carnival Victory).