No seating selections?

When we booked our cruise we choosed the 1. seating, but i saw in the cruise documentation that we will be on the 2. seating. (Which is very late for us, who normally eat at 6 PM) Then i wrote to my TA and got the answar that seatings cannot be changed and there is a waiting list for My Time, even though i can see on my TA's website that the ship is more empty than full.

So we need to dine late or in WJ?

We never eat in the dining room and are early seating. First day, we always stop by to let the staff know we won't be there, so someone else can have our spot.

So, seats do open up during the cruise.

Why would you book early seating if you never eat there?

I've had first seating assigned (w/o being asked) and have asked rci to have it changed - and they haven't. We don't eat in the mdr and have trouble getting rci to accept that, even when we talk to them on board. They tell us we have to have a table assigned to us "just in case we change our mind."

You are booked into SOME seating time by default....I'm not sure there is a choice of NO seating at all!

There is no no dining option but I was told by RCL that they are working on adding that type of option.

you have to book something. those that do not wish to prepay gratuities choose to NOT book MTD. that leaves early or late. early I believe is the default until it books up. we always choose late but we prefer to eat that way so its never been an issue for us. hey at least they free it up ASAP once they board for all those who did want it but couldn't get it.

When we booked our cruise we choosed the 1. seating, but i saw in the cruise documentation that we will be on the 2. seating. (Which is very late for us, who normally eat at 6 PM) Then i wrote to my TA and got the answar that seatings cannot be changed and there is a waiting list for My Time, even though i can see on my TA's website that the ship is more empty than full.

So we need to dine late or in WJ?

I hate to say it but if your TA cannot fix this not sure what good the TA did for you. Did you get "perks"? :cool:

I would go back and push harder, if the ship does indeed have lots of open cabins, I cannot imagine the early dining time is full.

If you do not get your selection prior to sailing, merely go see the Mairtre D' when you board. If still not available, use MTD that evening. Usually after the first night, lots of changes occur...You will get what you want.

When I booked my cruise for Thanksgiving on Allure, I was told I had no choice but to take My Time (blech). Imagine my surprise when I checked my reservation this morning and found I'd been moved to first seating, which is what I really wanted.

Changing is no problem though--last year on Oasis, we met with the Maitre 'd and he took good care of us and got us moved to first seating. Turns out he was my waiter in 2002 on Enchantment of the Seas! :)

Lynette

We have to be booked into something. If we booked late seating, the people wanting late tables would crab.... If we book early, the early ones crab. If we book my time, we take up a slot of someone who might really want my time.

And we do go immediately to the MDR to give up our seats. And yes, they do say if we change put minds they will fit us in. Which we won't.

This has nothing to do with prepay gratuities. It has to do with the fact that we aren't foodies, we are on strict time schedules at home and I want to eat when I'm hungry.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for something. Or I'll be told to do NCL or some other crap like that.

I give up my GD seats so someone else can have them. What else am I supposed to do?

Can't win. I give up.

In Mar. when we booked our Sept. cruise. Only time we could book was late seating. We wait listed what we wanted. Two days later we had what we asked for. Now with the ship a lot fuller you can book any time you want. So wait list what you want hopefully you will get it soon.

If you do not get your selection prior to sailing, merely go see the Mairtre D' when you board. If still not available, use MTD that evening. Usually after the first night, lots of changes occur...You will get what you want.

You can't just arbitrarily "use" MTD one night. You would need to book that or traditional and cannot just bounce back and forth at will. Also, if you do choose MTD for the cruise, you must prepay gratuities.

I hate to say it but if your TA cannot fix this not sure what good the TA did for you. Did you get "perks"? :cool:

I would go back and push harder, if the ship does indeed have lots of open cabins, I cannot imagine the early dining time is full.

They set it up to first seating just after my response. There may have been some misunderstanding between TA and I, and waiting list for MTD.

We don't get "perks" in Europe :( I have only seen small OBC been given for early booking on few Costa cruises. I have also asked my TA who asked RC about any perks or OBC, but no :( But i think we get better prices for the cruises than you :D

Archived