possible to pre-book a taxi for St. Croix day trip?

Sherry Baby

I realize that taxis and rates are regulated in St. Croix. Is it possible to book a taxi trip for more than 3 hours?

I am arriving Jan. 20, on HAL Maasdam. I wish to leave the cruise port and see Whim Plantation, Cruzan Rum Factory, and St. George Village Botanical Garden. If I simply get a ride to Whim from the port area in the morning, can I expect to get a different taxi from there to Cruzan? And later, from Cruzan to the Garden?

Otherwise, I don't believe this is likely in 3 hours, or I am paying waiting fees? Is that how it works? Can this ever be arranged from home before I go?

Does anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks!

Sherry

I realize that taxis and rates are regulated in St. Croix. Is it possible to book a taxi trip for more than 3 hours?

I am arriving Jan. 20, on HAL Maasdam. I wish to leave the cruise port and see Whim Plantation, Cruzan Rum Factory, and St. George Village Botanical Garden. If I simply get a ride to Whim from the port area in the morning, can I expect to get a different taxi from there to Cruzan? And later, from Cruzan to the Garden?

Otherwise, I don't believe this is likely in 3 hours, or I am paying waiting fees? Is that how it works? Can this ever be arranged from home before I go?

Does anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks!

Sherry

Try this website

http://www.stcroixtaxi.com

For our excursion to Buck Island with Capt Heinz, we pre-booked a cab with Dan Greenway to get to Capt Heinz's pier. His phone numbers are 340-779-3518 and 340-514-4237. That was a 45-minute ride each way, and we paid $30 each/rt.

• 1 month later...
For our excursion to Buck Island with Capt Heinz, we pre-booked a cab with Dan Greenway to get to Capt Heinz's pier. His phone numbers are 340-779-3518 and 340-514-4237. That was a 45-minute ride each way, and we paid $30 each/rt.

So you are saying it is $30 per person/round trip? That seems very expensive considering that you will have more than one person in a vehicle. We are thinking about booking Capt Heinz excursion but this cab fare seems ridiculous. Any suggestions?

So you are saying it is $30 per person/round trip? That seems very expensive considering that you will have more than one person in a vehicle. We are thinking about booking Capt Heinz excursion but this cab fare seems ridiculous. Any suggestions?

I tried more than once to contact the taxi group about a tour. Never got a reply.

However I'm leaving on my cruise on Monday and our second stop is St. Croix. I will try to gather info and post it a few days later when I get to Barbados.

Archived