ChoiceAir is it available for UK customers?

gojocruise

We have booked with Choice Air and we are from England. We are flying from Heathrow to Barcelona and taking the transfers.

Try you travel agent, or like me telephone Choice Air direct. We could not take advantage of the free flights to Europe as we had already booked and the offer was for new bookings only. They did us a reasonable price.

We have booked with Choice Air and we are from England. We are flying from Heathrow to Barcelona and taking the transfers.

Try you travel agent, or like me telephone Choice Air direct. We could not take advantage of the free flights to Europe as we had already booked and the offer was for new bookings only. They did us a reasonable price.

Are you sure it was Celebrity's "Choice Air"? It is a US web-based service and not normally booked through TAs or telephone. You have to have a Celebrity booking reference to book through Choice Air and, in the past, it would not allow bookings from anyone who was not resident in the US or Cananda.

Sue

Are you sure it was Celebrity's "Choice Air"? It is a US web-based service and not normally booked through TAs or telephone. You have to have a Celebrity booking reference to book through Choice Air and, in the past, it would not allow bookings from anyone who was not resident in the US or Cananda.

Sue

I don't know about the situation from the UK, but Choice Air can absolutely be booked in North America by telephone and even if you have your cruise booked with a TA, you can book the Choice Air portion by phone by yourself, as long as you have your booking number.

You can also phone Choice Air before you have your booking number, to get a price quote.

Apologies, ChoiceAir has clearly changed since I last investigated it. The FAQ say:

Countries

Is ChoiceAir available outside of the United States?

ChoiceAir will be offered in many of our International Markets.

However, I was unable to see in which countries you can use ChoiceAir. When I use my current reservation to experiment because I get this message:

ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements.

which I take to mean that I cannot use ChoiceAir if I have booked my cruise direct with Celebrity.

Sue

Apologies, ChoiceAir has clearly changed since I last investigated it. The FAQ say:

Countries

Is ChoiceAir available outside of the United States?

ChoiceAir will be offered in many of our International Markets.

However, I was unable to see in which countries you can use ChoiceAir. When I use my current reservation to experiment because I get this message:

ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements.

which I take to mean that I cannot use ChoiceAir if I have booked my cruise direct with Celebrity.

Sue

I thought I would have a quick look at the Choice Air website and try to book a flight using my reservation number, like you Sue I got the message ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements but I have booked my cruise via a high street travel agent Thomas ;) not direct with Celebrity.

Englishgal, did you ring Choice Air to book your flights or did you get your travel agent to book them?

Jo

I still wonder if there is confusion between custom air, which anyone can access which is effectively Celebrity looking at what options they have for flights and offering one of these to guests and choice air which is something else and if it is available in the UK is new. Custom Air is a number that is based within X office that agents and direct guests can use

If Choice Air is available in the UK that is a new development though how to book it looks like a conundrum

Sound though like the website is pointing to all sorts of wrong things given the messages people are getting

Hi Folks,

Thought you might be interested in an email I just received from Choice Air, see below

Good Morning Joanne...

We received your email this morning in regards to booking Choice Air. Unfortunately Choice Air is only offered to guest who have booked in USD or CAD. If you wish to request specific flights you can contact our London office so they may assist you. The London office can be reached at email flycruise.uk@rccl.com. They will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

ChoiceAir Department

Regards, Jo

Sounds like phoning the London office is the way to go. I wondered how much choice you got on your flights if you booked from the UK using Celebrity's site. You get a price and that's all the information available until you actually book it!

Denise

Sounds like phoning the London office is the way to go. I wondered how much choice you got on your flights if you booked from the UK using Celebrity's site. You get a price and that's all the information available until you actually book it!

Denise

I found the price for our Summit trip to Bermuda very good - I was very happy with what we were offered

Denise

Celebrity's are actually based in Addlestone, Surrey. You will usually be allocated to a particuilar flight but, if that does not suit, you can telephone and ask for different flights. Provided Celebrity have a contract for that flight, you will be able to change. For example, we have found that, if you want flights with BA, they have been able to offer the flights actually operated by BA and not those "BA" flights operated by someone else. [it's early - hope that makes sense!]

Sue

Archived