Interesting things found while snorkeling

LKYGSR

On our last Carnival cruise, while in St John's, I was snorkeling Trunk Bay. On the way back in to shore, I came across a shiny object about 12 feet down. I dove for it and came up to the surface with a mans gold wedding ring. Must have been down there for some time as it had some build up on it. Once cleaned it brought $100 at the pawn shop! I felt like a pirate with his loot as I came out of the water that day.

What have you found while snorkeling?

At Magen's Bay in St Thomas DH found two credit cards while snorkeling. I asked every person on the beach if their name was such and such to no avail but when i handed them in on the ship it turned out they belonged to a fellow passenger.

I found that things look 25% bigger underwater. You thought that lady's rear end was big on shore.....wait until you get in the water.

With that comment, Im shocked there isn't more males swimming without swim trunks!!!!!! :p

While snorkeling at Xarcet we found a fewl snorkels, a diamond earring and an inexpensive watch. While diving we've come across a beach umbrella with the table still attached (we couldn't drag that up), several coins, lighters, and several gazillion fishing lures. When we dive we always bring up as much litter as we can, we always carry a mesh bag and fill it up each and every time. Very sad what is under that sparkling clear water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetskier

I found that things look 25% bigger underwater. You thought that lady's rear end was big on shore.....wait until you get in the water.

With that comment, Im shocked there isn't more males swimming without swim trunks!!!!!! :p

Now that's funny! :D

While snorkeling at Xarcet we found a fewl snorkels, a diamond earring and an inexpensive watch. While diving we've come across a beach umbrella with the table still attached (we couldn't drag that up), several coins, lighters, and several gazillion fishing lures. When we dive we always bring up as much litter as we can, we always carry a mesh bag and fill it up each and every time. Very sad what is under that sparkling clear water.

That's awesome, some good finds and cleaning up the trash! Would have been funny to see a photo of you sitting at the table with the umbrella, underwater!

In St Lucia we found some broken pieces of OLD wine bottles that we were told that were a few hundred years old , they said it wasnt that uncommon in the area we were , was kind of cool found a the bottom and a top kind made you think of who was drinking it way back when .

On our last Carnival cruise, while in St John's, I was snorkeling Trunk Bay. On the way back in to shore, I came across a shiny object about 12 feet down. I dove for it and came up to the surface with a mans gold wedding ring.

In Grand Cayman I found a titanium wedding band. I guess the owner was sick of it.

I lost my wedding band off RCCL's private island - on the honeymoon. It was an omen I should have heeded sooner than I did!:D:D:D

In Cozumel my husband was looking for me a shell. A hurricane had just came through so the water wasn't clear. He brought me this worn out shell. While looking for a new one he came up and I was freaking out. Something was in that shell and it looked gooey. It was a baby octopus. :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok, you made me choke on my juice by laughing, son came in to see what was wrong, couldn't tell him because of choking and laughing. When I finally was able to talk I told him, he thought it was funny but said I'm not allowed to read stuff like that by myself anymore, I could have choked to death. :eek::D

Archived