Looking for Curacao advice please!

Buckeyes22

This is my first post - I am no longer a lurker haha. We are booked on the Conquest on April 30, southern Caribbean. Did the same cruise last year and booked an excursion to Cabana beach in Curacao. It was very beautiful, but very crowded. We also got back after all of the little shops closed, so this year we are thinking about walking to the shops, then taking a taxi to a nearby beach or beach club. Has anyone done this that could offer recommendations, and how much we could expect to pay? Thanks all!!

This is my first post - I am no longer a lurker haha. We are booked on the Conquest on April 30, southern Caribbean. Did the same cruise last year and booked an excursion to Cabana beach in Curacao. It was very beautiful, but very crowded. We also got back after all of the little shops closed, so this year we are thinking about walking to the shops, then taking a taxi to a nearby beach or beach club. Has anyone done this that could offer recommendations, and how much we could expect to pay? Thanks all!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We've taken a taxi to Lion's Dive resort on Aquarium Beach several times. Not near as crowded as some of the other public beaches. Admission, two beach chairs, and an umbrella were about $20. There are food and drink and bathroom facilities nearby.

Edited by clarea

We've taken a taxi to Lion's Dive resort on Aquarium Beach several times. Not near as crowded as some of the other public beaches. Admission, two beach chairs, and an umbrella were about $20. There are food and drink and bathroom facilities nearby.

We have done the same. Found one little place that was under a good sized tent so umbrella not needed.

Walking over the floating bridge is really neat.

We have done the same. Found one little place that was under a good sized tent so umbrella not needed.

Walking over the floating bridge is really neat.

Plus, we have done snorkeling there right off the beach. It's not the greatest, but if you go outside the breakwater where the divers go, it's not bad.

Welcome! Be sure and take some dog treats to give to the stray dogs running around. There are a lot of them running around in town in Curacao. :)

Thank you! And thank you for the tip! Did you let them out?! :D

Definitely going to look into this - thank you!!

Definitely going to look into this - thank you!!

You're welcome.

We walk across the floating bridge and find a taxi right there. Saves some money on the taxi, and is a nice walk too.

One of the best excursions I ever did (on any island) was in Curacao...had a day pass to Santa Barbara Resort which I booked through Resorts for a Day...It was just gorgeous! Included the use of the beach, 2 pools, all facilities and towels & lunch & transportation ;)!

http://www.resortforaday.com/Curacao-Day-Pass-s/1839.htm

looking%20down%20at%20the%20big%20pool_zpsc08jd8ct.jpg

One of the best excursions I ever did (on any island) was in Curacao...had a day pass to Santa Barbara Resort which I booked through Resorts for a Day...It was just gorgeous! Included the use of the beach, 2 pools, all facilities and towels & lunch & transportation ;)!

Thank you..this looks like heaven. Like a Maui trip I had in 1980...quiet no more...

This looks wonderful!! And the reviews on the site are great too. Thank you so so much for sharing - this is now at the top of the list :)

This looks wonderful!! And the reviews on the site are great too. Thank you so so much for sharing - this is now at the top of the list :)

You're welcome, enjoy!. And for what it's worth...the bartender at the pool bar makes an excellent lemon drop martini ;).

You're welcome, enjoy!. And for what it's worth...the bartender at the pool bar makes an excellent lemon drop martini ;).

Okay, this was meant to be. Lemon drop martinis are one of my mom's favorite drinks. Thank you again! :)

If you wish to go this hotel for the day don't go via Resort for theDay. Significantly cheaper if you contact Resort yourself by email.

Thank you for this - definitely going to compare prices before purchasing!

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or is this a bit expensive for a day at a pool and some drinks?

• 1 month later...
If you wish to go this hotel for the day don't go via Resort for theDay. Significantly cheaper if you contact Resort yourself by email.

do you know what the price is if you contact the resort directly? do they provide transportation? I thought I had read that cabs to Santa Barabara would be $40+ pp?

Edited by murphy4
spelling

Thank you for this - definitely going to compare prices before purchasing!

Just curious as to whether you were able to compare the price of online booking vs. contacting the resort yourself?

• 3 weeks later...