Copenhagen Transfers

tiffany123

We are sailing on the Star Princess in July and are wondering whether we should buy the Princess transfers for $80 per person (there are 4 of us travelling together) or use another method to get to the ship and vice versa when we return to the airport. We have used transfers at other airports at different times and then other times have found either a cab or shuttle to provide transportation. Trying to find the most economical means but don't want to lug luggage onto a train. Thank you in advance.

I would take a taxi. You can easily accomodate 4 people in a taxi. There will be plenty of taxi at the airport, and at the ship when you return. At $80 a person, that's crazy. We were on the Star last year and had no problem with finding taxi, and I had 4 adults in my group. You can also pay by credit card. All taxi accepted credit cards, but I generally asked first, but it was always accepted. Enjoy your trip.

A taxi from the airport to the city center should cost about $25. Tax and tip are included in the fare. Credit cards are accepted (handy if you don't buy Danish kroner). Fare may be a bit more to your cruise ship with four or with lots of luggage, but it has to be cheaper than the $320 with cruise ship transfers.

The train you don't want gets you to the city center for about $5 each.

With a taxi you do not have to wait on cruise ship buses. We walked from the cruise ship to the train station after our cruise, saw all the sights on the way, and found that our cruisemates had spent five hours sitting in the airport doing nothing.

Archived