Cozumel - Accessible sand/beach chair

fridaythe13th

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Can anybody tell us how accessible is the port area in Cozumel for an electric wheel chair? What is there to do/see?

Rebeca and Herb :confused: ;)

It is very accessible. There is tons of shops, and bars and restaurants, and photo ops. Some of our friends don't even book excursions in Cozumel. They just get off the ship and go to Carlos and Charlie's and have fun.

Looking for a beach/resort where we could rent a sand/beach chair in order to get someone in the water. I am aware they have a few available at Labadee.

If you are going to Labadee, Just know that the Beach wheelchairs are used only to get a person to the spot of their choice, and drop them off. You are not able to keep, or rent the chair for the day. My son requires a wheelchair and didn't appreciate that he was going to be stuck in one place the whole time. So we went back to the ship and skipped Labadee.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been to Chankanaab. The beach wheelchair was free when I was there. It was first come, first serve. You use the chair (a family member or friend pushes) to go where you wish. You then return the chair and go and get it again when you wish to move, leave, etc. It was however 6 or so years ago that I was there and all may have changed since then. There are also lots of paved paths to explore if you don't want to go to the beach. There are gardens and animal encounters if you are interested and these would not require a beach chair.

Edited by katisdale