What to do on days at sea?

funnysocks

I am going on my first cruise (Emerald Princess) to the Eastern Caribbean in March. There will be a total of 3 days at sea. What kind of activities are there to do during the day? I know that some people are content reading the day away and swimming/lounging by the pool but I like to have stuff to do. I usually go to islands for a week and I'm worried that I might be bored? Are there crafts or fun games people play together? Matinee shows?

I am going on my first cruise (Emerald Princess) to the Eastern Caribbean in March. There will be a total of 3 days at sea. What kind of activities are there to do during the day? I know that some people are content reading the day away and swimming/lounging by the pool but I like to have stuff to do. I usually go to islands for a week and I'm worried that I might be bored? Are there crafts or fun games people play together? Matinee shows?

There will be a daily program printed out each night and placed on your bed detailing all of the events aboard the ship each day. They are numerous things to involve yourself in from Martini tasting classes (usually a fee) Pub trivia, napkin folding, dance instruction, tours of the galley, water coloring, movie of the day, lectures. You will not be bored. Sea days are wonderfully relaxing and a great chance to relax a bit between running around in port.

Jonathan

I have only cruised on Disney but I imagine they are all similar. You will not be at a loss for things to do. Every day you will have a schedule of what activities are going on. Various presentations or classes or competitions, games etc. Trust me, you will not be bored. Most cruisers LOVE their sea days.

I have only cruised on Disney but I imagine they are all similar. You will not be at a loss for things to do. Every day you will have a schedule of what activities are going on. Various presentations or classes or competitions, games etc. Trust me, you will not be bored. Most cruisers LOVE their sea days.

I've cruised on Disney and another cruise line. The days may be filled with activities, but the quality of the activities can vary greatly ... believe me.

Many people on these boards love sea days & find them very relaxing. I hate them. I think they are boring & I just try to get through them.

Unless you are on an RCL ship that has things like zip lines, rock walls & flow riders, there isn't much to do on board. The ship will add extra activities but they are mostly sedentary: bingo, trivia, belly flop contests, art auctions, demonstrations etc. You can fill up your day. If your Princess ship has MUTTS you can watch movies outside.

We usually stay up late the night before, sleep in, read & hang out in the sun. It's almost impossible to get a chair by the pool & you will be packed in like sardines.

Sleep late, read, bingo, trivia, culinary shows, movies, art auction, mixology class.......

Funnysocks .... Emerald Princess is a great ship. We totally enjoy being on her for a B2B in January.

On AtSea days there are enough activities to keep you from being bored silly! :D

The Patter will list the various activities going on.

LuLu

~~~~

There are hilarious and entertaining games and contests out by the pool, movie theater, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, ping pong, flow-rider, shopping in the promenade, the spa (think massage), full gym, zumba (and other classes), art auctions (which I hate, but others don't), cupcake classes, wine tastings, zip-lines, hot tubs sitting over the ocean, ice skating rink, behind the scene tours, trivia contests, naps on the balcony or up on deck under the shade with a breeze blowing, internet cafe, live band playing by the pool, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the activities. We've never gotten to all the possibilities.

Sea days are certainly a different stroke for different folk thing. DW and I love our sea days and have often booked longer cruises so we can have all those lazy days. Our record for a single cruise was 23 sea days and we loved every minute of those days. As to activities, we might plan to do something, but usually end up doing nothing except socializing and reading. It is great to be able to do absolutely nothing and not feel any guilt because you have things you must do :) Of course there are always the Type "A"s who must keep busy. It is amusing to watch our fellow seniors on long HA cruises....when they really get into games like animal toss. Their children would be horrified! LOL

Hank

Hank .... What is "Animal Toss" ?

Please tell us about it.

LuLu

~~~~

:). It is just what it sounds like. They toss stuffed animals at a target and get points for being closest to the bulls eye.

Hank

We used to have a couple of different animal tosses on HAL and earned "DAM" dollars.

One we just aimed at a target.

Another one we were on third level of the atrium and had to thrown a stuffed animal and get it into a box.

We do think that Animal Toss is one of those "intellectual" HA games that helps pass the time of day. One of our tablemates (also a senior) really took the game seriously and managed to win a few prizes. I think it made his cruise :). The fact that is was a 62 day voyage that went to 13 countries did not excite him as much as that darn Animal Toss.

Hank

Sea days on Princess are when the wheelchair crowd refill their h2o tanks :D

Play Gin, or get a perm:eek:

OK, these are the days one kicks back and slows down, listens to the sound of the waves the Ship makes as she flows thru the clear blue water. Why we cruise for a vacation.

Archived