Big Band Cruises?

SeasC

Don't overlook Cunard's Queen Mary 2. While not a "big band" cruise, there is ballroom/swing dancing every night in the largest ballroom at sea. On transatlantic crossing there are also two afternoon tea dances.

The music tends to be mostly foxtrot, swing and cha-chas, but they do throw in a few rhumbas, waltzes and quicksteps each night. There is also strict tempo recorded music playing during the band breaks.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone know of any future cruise that feature Big Band music? I love that idea!

The Harry James orchestra will be playing on the Oosterdam transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Rome, departing March 21, 2016.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Big_Band_Cruise&WT.ac=footer_promo_Big_Band_Cruise_US

• 1 month later...
The Harry James orchestra will be playing on the Oosterdam transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Rome, departing March 21, 2016.

I am on this cruise! Nice to know. Now all I need is a dance partner, since I am going solo. Thank you for this.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am on this cruise! Nice to know. Now all I need is a dance partner, since I am going solo. Thank you for this.

We are already booked on a late April transatlantic or we would definitely book this one. Have been on several with Harry James. And we love the dancing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...