Australia visa?

Kokomo91165

Can anyone provide me the link to obtain a visa to visit Australia? Also, for UK citizens, do we know if this is necessary?

Assuming you live in the UK, check with the Australian High Commission or nearest consulate. I'd be very surprised if a visa would be required for a UK citizen visiting a Commonwealth country.

Can anyone provide me the link to obtain a visa to visit Australia? Also, for UK citizens, do we know if this is necessary?

Kokomo91165, all non Australian citizens will require a visa to enter Australia.

This link - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia/entry-requirements

may help British citizens.

Regards,

Leigh

If you are a British Citizen with a UK passport, you need an eVisitor (class 651) visa. There is no charge. See the link at https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-?tab=1&heading=who-could-get-this-visa

If you are a Canadian or US citizen with a passport from Canada or the US, you can apply for an ETA (electronic travel authority) visa which costs $20 AUD and can be obtained online in less than 5 minutes if all of your information is available and there are no problems with your records. That link is https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas I used this site last month and received my ETA confirmation immediately.

As a Brit you need an e-visitor 651. It is FREE. Do not get tricked into using a site that makes you pay. This is the official site - http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-

As a Brit you need an e-visitor 651. It is FREE. Do not get tricked into using a site that makes you pay. This is the official site - http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-

This is a better link to start with as the info is on this page as well, then click 'Apply'.

As mentioned a few times, DON'T pay anyone for this. It is free for UK citizens. Also - it's quick and painless :D

Have fun

Edited by Sentinal137

Kokomo91165, all non Australian citizens will require a visa to enter Australia.

Yep, although for citizens of some countries this visa is issued automatically at the point you hand your passport over while entering Australia; as is the case for an NZ citizen.

My daughter and I are US citizens, and were able to apply for Australian E-Visa's online via their embassy internet portal.

My wife is a German citizen with a German passport -- she had to go to the Australian Consulate in NY to apply for a paper visa affixed to her passport.

Go figure ...

Michael

My daughter and I are US citizens, and were able to apply for Australian E-Visa's online via their embassy internet portal.

My wife is a German citizen with a German passport -- she had to go to the Australian Consulate in NY to apply for a paper visa affixed to her passport.

Go figure ...

Michael

Different rules for different Countries, happens everywhere.

Yep, although for citizens of some countries this visa is issued automatically at the point you hand your passport over while entering Australia; as is the case for an NZ citizen.
I suspect that New Zealand citizens are probably about the only category that routinely qualifies for this. I believe that just about everyone else has to have some form of pre-clearance.
Did she try to get an eVisitor electronically? German citizens normally qualify for these - and eVisitors are free.

We have two cruises booked for next year out of Sydney. The first one goes to NZ and then returns to Sydney.

Do we need to acquire a visa for each entry into the country, even though one cruise returns to the same city? The other is a TP that ends in Seattle.

I suspect that New Zealand citizens are probably about the only category that routinely qualifies for this. I believe that just about everyone else has to have some form of pre-clearance.Did she try to get an eVisitor electronically? German citizens normally qualify for these - and eVisitors are free.

We went to the website of the Australian Embassy in Berlin, and their instructions said paper visa for German Citizens ... since my wife lives here in the States with a Green Card and German Passport, we went to the AU Consulate in New York, had everything done within an hour. If an E-Visa was available for her, we were not told about it ...

Michael

We have two cruises booked for next year out of Sydney. The first one goes to NZ and then returns to Sydney.

Do we need to acquire a visa for each entry into the country, even though one cruise returns to the same city? The other is a TP that ends in Seattle.

Off the top of my head (so please check this against the Australian immigration website): If you have an eTA (assuming that you're a US citizen), this should be valid for one year and for multiple entries. Each entry must be before the eTA has expired. But once you are permitted to enter, you are permitted to remain in Australia for the full period (3 months, IIRC) from the date of entry, not merely until the expiry date of the eTA.

So if I've understood your travel correctly (fly to Sydney, cruise round-trip back to Sydney, cruise back to US) you should be fine if both entries at Sydney are within the validity period of your eTA and you're not staying in Australia for longer than the permitted period.

We went to the website of the Australian Embassy in Berlin, and their instructions said paper visa for German Citizens ... since my wife lives here in the States with a Green Card and German Passport, we went to the AU Consulate in New York, had everything done within an hour. If an E-Visa was available for her, we were not told about it ...
How odd. I've just tried the visa finder on that website, and the first category it came up with was the eVisitor (651).

Off the top of my head (so please check this against the Australian immigration website): If you have an eTA (assuming that you're a US citizen), this should be valid for one year and for multiple entries. Each entry must be before the eTA has expired. But once you are permitted to enter, you are permitted to remain in Australia for the full period (3 months, IIRC) from the date of entry, not merely until the expiry date of the eTA.

So if I've understood your travel correctly (fly to Sydney, cruise round-trip back to Sydney, cruise back to US) you should be fine if both entries at Sydney are within the validity period of your eTA and you're not staying in Australia for longer than the permitted period.How odd. I've just tried the visa finder on that website, and the first category it came up with was the eVisitor (651).

It wouldn't surprise us at all if we received wrong -- or at least not current -- information. Ultimately, we needed the Visa for her and wanted it done quickly, so we ended up taking the train into NYC and made a day out of it.

Michael

Edited by MikeNJ1109