Moby Dick Tours

jennybabee

They seem to take forever to answer me, if they answer me at all about GC and the stingray tour. Is there another tour group that may be alittle better then them in response time and quality of tour ?? I sent them a message thursday and re sent it today trying to confirm reservations and NOTHING. Really dont want to book with someone that makes you put a deposit down though incase something odd happens and we don't make it to port ----- 69 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would just e-mail them again. They responded to me the day I sent the e-mail. We just returned from our cruise and we had a great time on the Moby Dick tour. They were very laid back, fun people. They played great music to cruise out to the sandbar to, but be sure to sit in the back of the boat because the people in the front WILL get wet!

I agree with Cruisin ~ send them another email. They have always responded to me within a day or two. We are booked with them for the end of March.

Cruisin ~ did they say anything to you about not wearing sunscreen? I've seen conflicting reports about whether you can or should wear sunscreen while swimming with the stingrays.

They seem to take forever to answer me, if they answer me at all about GC and the stingray tour. Is there another tour group that may be alittle better then them in response time and quality of tour ?? I sent them a message thursday and re sent it today trying to confirm reservations and NOTHING. Really dont want to book with someone that makes you put a deposit down though incase something odd happens and we don't make it to port ----- 69 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi - I emailed MobyDicks on Sunday and they replied today with all the info. However, I had gotten a reply first from Nativeway. Sharon from Nativeway answered my emails same day (twice). I think I will be booking with them. My cruise leaves on 3/26 and will be in GC on 3/29 and they still have bookings available.

26 more days to go for me ... YAHOO! :D Take care, Cathy

tcrny, what cruise are you on? We will also be in GC on the 29th. I am looking at nativeway also. Which tour are you doing? I was going to book Buccaneer-but there is one not so good review on the board. I also decided we didn't need three snorkel stops-2 would be enough. Looking at the Rays, Reef & Rum Point Tour with Nativeway-but have to be sure is is suitable for our port times.

• 1 year later...

Moby Dick has replied to all four of my e-mails...all within 24-hours...some same day. Maybe yours are not getting through?

As for sunscreen, some tours involving marine life will ask that you wear only natural, biodegradable sunblock. A few places actually require it. Typical, chemical sunscreen comes off in the water and leaves a film on the surface, which is obviously an environmental issue and dangerous to marine life. I think I read where it inhibits oxygen in the water.

• 2 weeks later...

The original post on this thread was in Feb 2006, and she sounded like she was talking about the wrong company--? Moby Dick Tours does not require a deposit. You pay them when you get to them but it must be cash at that time. I emailed Mark about 4 times and he always responded same or next day. Other people in our extended group had the same experience.

We were just with them in Grand Cayman on 6/6/07 and they were great! Mark and Zak were on board with us and explained everything we would do very well. They were in the water with us and were so gentle with the stingrays, carefully holding them in the water for us to pet and kiss. They were alot of fun. My only semi-negative comment would be that the bus that they boarded us on to and from was old. It had an ac unit at the back blowing forward, but it was still quite warm in there. But even with that I would use Moby Dick tours again in a heartbeat!

Archived