Only 6 hours in Victoria!

Hi all -

We only have 6 hours in Victoria in late August from 6 pm to midnight. I'm thinking if we want to do Butchart Gardens, we should book through the cruise line right? I'm just shocked over the prices though. :eek: But it's such a tight turn around, I don't want something to happen and us miss the cruise leaving port!

If we don't do that, what do you suggest doing? We don't plan on staying out until midnight either! My son would be exhausted.

Butchart is a 15 miles from the dock.... a cruise tour helps to ensure you don't miss the boat. Some get a taxi.... but 15 miles in a cab may be close to that price.

Here's a vid to give you ideas on what to do in port from one cruise line....

[YOUTUBE]DXGMBuyRWoE[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...

We were also in Victoria for the same 6 hours and since we do not do ship's sponsored tours, we didn't want to chance doing the Gardens. We chose, instead, to do a 'Ghost Tour' and if you are into things like this, it was very good. I do not have the company we used, but it was very reasonable, left from the harbor area at 8:30 and was about a 2 hour tour. We took a taxi back to the ship afterwards.

Cheers

Len