Conch Train Tour/Old Town Trolley on Celebrity

Lorey2007

I booked the Conch Train Tour with Celebrity but I see now they also offer Old Town Trolley which is best? Are both a HOHO? It seems I read some negative things about the Conch Tour but can't seem to find it now. Should I switch to Old Town Trolley? Both Conch and Old Town are $25.

The Conch Train is a 90 minute tour with three stops but basically in Old Town - lower and middle Duval and around the back of the Key West Bight. You can see the Hemingway house, lighthouse, the old Bahama village area at Whitehead and Petronia.

The trolley is also roughly 90 minutes and will take you all the way around the island which is nice since you will be able to see the ocean from stops 8 and 9 and a few other places not gone to with the train.

My impression is that people who take the train intend to do the whole loop then go back to places that looked interesting, whicle people who do the trolley intend to hop off at a few stops, explore, then re-board the next car and continue.

And if each is the same prince, I'd do the trolley.

hth

Pjk

I've done both the Conch Train and the Trolley and enjoyed both. You don't have to hop on and hop off the trolley if you just want a tour around town. Or you can choose one or two interesting places to get off and spend some time.

I liked the idea of a once around introduction to Key West. My advice would be to sit as close to the front of the conch Train as possible because the tour guide is describing views of interest as he passes. Those in the very back of the train maybe not be able to see exactly what he is referring to at the time the train passes. Also, one time I got a little "sea sick" in the back of the train, but it was a very hot day.