Scrapbooking Inspiration!!!!

shealea

So, fellow scrapbookers....... How are you doing on scrapping your past cruises??????

What are you currently working on? And what past cruises are waiting to be scrapped? I would love to hear from you!

I'm currently working on my 2014 cruise to Alaska about the NCL Jewel. This is my 4th cruise to Alaska (we live just outside of Seattle)! I'm about 2/3 of the way through this cruise. I've filled one scrapbook (Pioneer post-bound, leather). I have many more pages complete, so I need to order another matching album.

Soooooo.........Although I have a lot done on this 2014 Alaska cruise, I still have 3 other Alaska cruises to complete! The cruises were fantastic! Two aboard the Pearl and two aboard the Jewel! I do worry that I will get bored working on the same Alaska cruise theme. I may have to work on a different theme (holiday, camping etc.) for awhile and then go back to working on Alaska cruises! We'll see!

How about you all that scrapbook cruises.......What are you working on and how are you doing? Do you buy scrapbook packages onboard the ships? I do. Plus I order from some great online sites!

Take that out of the closet and get started!!! he,he,he!

I find once I can get started on a scrapbooking project, I can work steady on it for many days and not get bored. Once I stop, it's hard to get crackin' on it again. That's what has happened with my current Alaska cruise scrapbooks.

I put it down and stopped working on it about a month ago. I was getting bored with so much of the same theme. I just need to get going again, and I know I will keep working and finish it!! yes!

Where was your 2012 cruise to??????? I'm cold and would love to be on a warm weather cruise right now.

Hello fellow scrappers.

We got off a Panama canel cruise in October. But I just haven`t got

into scrapping it yet. Last year was Alaska and I did 35 pages on

that one. Been on 7 other cruises all caribbean scrapped them all.

Nancy

:)

Still working on my Alaska trip on the Pearl july 2014. I have it started but had computer problems and haven't finished. I do mine in Shutterfly because I give one to each of my kids. I leave extra empty pages in the back for memorabilia. I have only been on three cruises and this works well for me.

Vicki

I am ashamed to say I am still sorting my pictures into folders from my world voyage (about 6000 pictures). I have not scrapped the first picture and I have been home eight months. I decided to do a small album of just ship pictures. I am taking a short cruise on the same ship in less than a week and hopefully when I return home I will come with inspiration.

I find it much harder to get started scrapping since all my scrapping buddies have fallen by the wayside. There used to be about twelve of us who would get together from time to time. I found that inspiring and once I started, I wanted to finish. Now I have a hard time gettig started.

Maybe we could be an on-line support group!:D

Nancy - You have done really well, scrapbooking all caribbean cruises! That is great. How many pages did it take to complete each cruise? Do you take a ton of pictures on each cruise?

How did you like the Panama C anal Cruise? That is one that dh and I are really hoping to do one day. I think our next cruise will be to Mexican Riviera. We live near Seattle, and dh doesn't like to fly long distances. So cruising out of LA will be pretty easy for us.

Vicki - We've been on the Pearl twice to Alaska. How did you like that ship? We like her and also the Jewel. A really nice, well laid out ship we thought. We like the size. We were to Alaska just after you last summer. We went on the Jewel, though.

Alaska is so easy for us. My son just drops us off at the Pier in Seattle, then picks us up when we call him when we get back. Makes for an easy, fun trip for us. Since it was our 4th trip to Alaska, we just stayed on the boat in JUneau and Victoria. It was so very quiet and relaxing. Weather was perfect, so we just relaxed out on deck. People watched all of the folks coming and going down on the dock. It was pretty interesting!!! he,he!

ScrapNana - You must be a Nana???? Me, too! I have 3 grandkids. 19, 17, 13. They live with us.

So, you are off to a cruise, soon!!! Yipppeeee! Good for you, and how exciting! Where are you going?????

Yes, that's sort of why I started this subject. Hopefully we can keep each other inspired and continually working on our cruise scrapbooks so that we can complete them!

And I absolutely love to visit with other scrapbookers. The store nearest me, in Kent, WA, closed recently. They had been open about 18 years I think. Wonderful place. I would meet up with friends on their 6 pm to midnight scrapbook nights. It was such a good time, getting together with friends and other folks. And working right in the store.......you could purchase anything that suited your fancy throughout the evening. I always spent lots of $$$$$'d. It was sad to have it close, and now I have to scrap all by my lonesome!

I usually scrap in the evening/weekends when dh is home and we are watching tv or a movie!!!!!

So, lets keep each other up-to-date on how we are doing!!!!!!!!! I will commit to saying that I will begin again on my scrapbook of my last Alaska cruise. I WILL start on it again tonight. And I WILL order my second album that I need to finish scrapping this cruise!!!!

What are your goals, fellow scrappers???????

Still working on my Alaska trip on the Pearl july 2014. I have it started but had computer problems and haven't finished. I do mine in Shutterfly because I give one to each of my kids. I leave extra empty pages in the back for memorabilia. I have only been on three cruises and this works well for me.

Vicki

forgot to mention I usually have around 70 pages to an album

Vicki - We've been on the Pearl twice to Alaska. How did you like that ship?

I liked the ship but To be honest I had a hard time finding my way around. Not sure why. I thought my kids would love the climbing wall and bowling but they never tried them. My kids loved Alaska and are ready to go back and everyone loved Seattle! To be honest I like Princess better for me. I am a pretty laid back person so quiet suites me. Pearl had a few too many kids on it. Please don't get me wrong. I have 5 kids and 2 grandchildren. I am also an aide at a preschool, I love kids but I want to get away from the noise when I am on vacation. Kind of like an accountant goes on vacation April 16th. I did really like the dances Pearl had, I think a 70's night and white hot party. They were really fun. The kids really liked the Pearl.

I did a 12 night cruise to the Panama Canal back in October, and I just received all my prints, so I am ready to start scrapping that trip. I thought I did a good job of picking out the best pictures, but I still have a lot. I also was in Disney mid-December and am waiting for those pictures from Shutterfly. Lots of scrapping to be done in the next months.

ScrapNana - You must be a Nana???? Me, too! I have 3 grandkids. 19, 17, 13. They live with us.

So, you are off to a cruise, soon!!! Yipppeeee! Good for you, and how exciting! Where are you going?????

Yes, that's sort of why I started this subject. Hopefully we can keep each other inspired and continually working on our cruise scrapbooks so that we can complete them!

And I absolutely love to visit with other scrapbookers. The store nearest me, in Kent, WA, closed recently. They had been open about 18 years I think. Wonderful place. I would meet up with friends on their 6 pm to midnight scrapbook nights. It was such a good time, getting together with friends and other folks. And working right in the store.......you could purchase anything that suited your fancy throughout the evening. I always spent lots of $$$$$'d. It was sad to have it close, and now I have to scrap all by my lonesome!

I have two grandchildren - 4 and 9. I have made a number of albums for them.

I think with the closing of so many scrapbook stores it has hurt many of us. I used to always come away with new products I had seen demonstrated in the store and/or new ideas. Now my only local choices are Michael's, A.C. Moore, and Hobby Lobby.

Tami Potter's Mosaic Moments is a favorite of mine. I am seriously considering doing my next album entirely with her paper. The clean lines with the color-blocking like feel appeal to me at the present. (My scrapping style has really changed in the 15 years I have been doing it.)

I fly to London tomorrow and then on to Southampton. I am doing a TA crossing to New York and then disembark in Fort Lauderdale. Short cruise but looking forward to being back on the Queen Elizabeth and being at sea again.

Happy scrapping everyone!

You are so lucky to have scrapbooking stores Close to where you live.

I have to order online or drive to the netherlands to buy decent stuff.

Maybe that´s one of the reasons why I´m doing digital Albums that get printed nowadays.

Right now I´m doing on of our Nov. 2013 TA, after that I´ve two more Cruises, a land vacation and the first Baby Pictures to do albums for.

I have found that I like to alternate between doing an electronic scrapbook and then a paper one. We sailed on the same ship and same itinerary 4 times in a row, so it was tough to figure out what to do for the fourth one! We decided on a whole cruise of selfies! And then I did them electronically, so it was totally different. I like to use Smilebox to make the pages, then print them at Costco for $2.99 a page! Keeps it fresh!

Hi everyone! I am working on my scrapbook for my first cruise which was in October of 2013. It was a Backstreet Boys cruise. I'm having so much fun reliving the cruise. I am doing 12 X12 pages and Project Life/Albums Made Easy pages. I think it looks really cool mixing the two styles.

When I finish that I have to start on my second cruise, which was another Backstreet Boys cruise in 2014.

This summer I am going on an Alaskan cruise and I can't wait to take pictures.

Do you only scrapbook your cruises or do you scrapbook other things?

Do any of you use online stores to purchase items for your scrapbook?

I am so happy to find others who like to scrapbook. My mom scrapbooks, too. I try to scrapbook during the weekends. It's too hard during the week due to work.

Hi all! I've scrapbooked probably 6 or 8 of our cruises. I used to give myself a hard deadline: can't go on another cruise until you scrapbook the last one!! Haha, that only lasted for a few!

I did discover something for my Alaska scrapbooks that helped a lot. There are lots of different kind of pages that you can put in your albums that just hold pictures.........which means that you can do fewer layouts, but still have all your pictures in the album. That was before the Project Life trend, and by the way, I love the idea of mixing PL with regular layouts - gonna have to try that.

Glad I clicked on this thread for some "scrapbook inspiration"!! :D

Hi, everyone! I'm definitely inspired to scrapbook, but not having done it before, I'm not sure where to start.

I have all the supplies, embellishments and albums, but no pictures printed. Do I print all my photos, pick my choices for the albums, then plan layouts? Do I pick my photos online, only print ones going in the albums, and then plan layouts? Or do I plan layouts, then pick the photos to go in those layouts?

It is intimidating to start something new, but I think your advice will help me get started.

Thank you for any ideas!

Hi, everyone! I'm definitely inspired to scrapbook, but not having done it before, I'm not sure where to start.

I have all the supplies, embellishments and albums, but no pictures printed. Do I print all my photos, pick my choices for the albums, then plan layouts? Do I pick my photos online, only print ones going in the albums, and then plan layouts? Or do I plan layouts, then pick the photos to go in those layouts?

It is intimidating to start something new, but I think your advice will help me get started.

Thank you for any ideas!

I think you could do it any of those ways. That is the great thing about scrapbooking, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Pick the one that works best for you.

I get the photos i want to use. Then I sort them into different events from the trip or by ship, excursion, etc. (You can sort them any way you want). Then I get all my scrapbook materials together. Then I start designing my layout.

Some pages I do a lot of journal and others I don't. It really depends on my mood and the pictures.

I am interested in seeing how other people do their scrapbooking.

I think you could do it any of those ways. That is the great thing about scrapbooking, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Pick the one that works best for you.

I get the photos i want to use. Then I sort them into different events from the trip or by ship, excursion, etc. (You can sort them any way you want). Then I get all my scrapbook materials together. Then I start designing my layout.

Some pages I do a lot of journal and others I don't. It really depends on my mood and the pictures.

I am interested in seeing how other people do their scrapbooking.

Thank you, AspenRed! I do better when organized versus "freestyle," so I like the thought of separating the photos into categories. I could categorize, then decide on theme pages (like embarkation, around the ship, our cabin, etc., and choose the right photos from each category for each theme. Then I would plan each page depending on the theme and photos.

Does this make sense? I appreciate your helping me figure out the logistics since I've looked at all my stuff for two years with confusion. :confused:

I usually print any picture I think I may want to use, then organize them into whatever theme I am going with. Sometimes it's day by day, other times it's location or event. But if I have the pictures printed, it makes it easier to do the layout.

I've started scraping our recent Christmas Markets/Romantic Danube cruise. I'm find that Caribbean cruises tend to be the easiest to scrap, so many warm weather cruise theme products out there. River cruises tend to be a little more challenging.

I am behind though. I haven't done a single page for our trip to New Orleans/American Queen trip from last April.

Thank you, AspenRed! I do better when organized versus "freestyle," so I like the thought of separating the photos into categories. I could categorize, then decide on theme pages (like embarkation, around the ship, our cabin, etc., and choose the right photos from each category for each theme. Then I would plan each page depending on the theme and photos.

Does this make sense? I appreciate your helping me figure out the logistics since I've looked at all my stuff for two years with confusion. :confused:

That makes total sense. That is how I have been doing my scrapbook.