newbie in Westerdam

inct

Hello fellow cruisers,

This will be our first cruise (3/11 E Caribbean) since a cruise of the Greek Islands in the 80's.

We booked a SZ guarantee and today we got SS 8086. Any comments?

We are easy going and I am sure we will have fun.

Inct

Hello fellow cruisers,

This will be our first cruise (3/11 E Caribbean) since a cruise of the Greek Islands in the 80's.

We booked a SZ guarantee and today we got SS 8086. Any comments?

We are easy going and I am sure we will have fun.

Inct

First of all welcome to Cruise Critics.

Secondly your going to love this ship and the crew, I can't say enough about the Westerdam. Just relax, go with the flow, have fun in your ports of call. Make sure you go to some of the show's, go to all the bars, listen to all the entertainment groups, try the Piano Bar, do a little shopping. Wave at the web cam on the left side of the ship on the way out of Ft. Everglades, you'll see the sign. You picked the right ship and you have a great cabin, go enjoy. Wish I was going too!

I met the solo acoustic guitar player last year on our Caribbean cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. He is now playing on the Westerdam. We've remained e-mail friends. You'll like the songs he plays and sings usually at night up in the Crow's Nest. His name is Matt Murphy. Tell him 'Hi' from Ed. Enjoy your cruise!

I really liked our SS cabin on Westerdam almost 400 sq ft including balconey, big bathroom with 2 sinks , seperate shower and tub. You might hear some noise on balconey when lido is open since you are right below resturant. But I like being one deck from pool. You should have a great cruise, make sure you try Cannelto itilian resturant one night ( it is in the lido and it is free) also need to try Pinnacle grill (that is 25 dollars a person but it is like a 4 star resturant with great food and service)

We just sailed on the Westerdam last week in aft cabin #8092 which would be 3 cabins from yours - we loved everything about the cabin. We didn't hear any noise whatsoever at anytime from the Lido restaurant above. We also really liked the close access to all that the Lido deck has to offer. Say hi to ninja cabin stewards Yayat & Eko who provided us fabulous service all week long!

Archived