Email from Cruise Critic

Renmar

Just received an Email from CC about river cruising with Emerald waterways. I tried several times to open the links but are unable to do so. We are very interested to do a river cruise especially with an offer of $ 1000.00 discount. Obviously we like to see what is available but no luck so far. What do I do wrong or is it a glitch in the email? Viewing the mail on line gives the same result.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://click.email.cruisecritic.com is correct.

•Look for the page with your search engine. Tried that

•Refresh the page in a few minutes. Tried that too

Theo

Just received an Email from CC about river cruising with Emerald waterways. I tried several times to open the links but are unable to do so. We are very interested to do a river cruise especially with an offer of $ 1000.00 discount. Obviously we like to see what is available but no luck so far. What do I do wrong or is it a glitch in the email? Viewing the mail on line gives the same result.

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://click.email.cruisecritic.com is correct.

•Look for the page with your search engine. Tried that

•Refresh the page in a few minutes. Tried that too

Theo

Hi Theo...I may be way off base here, but I have NEVER gotten an e-mail from cc offering a discounted river cruise. It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this.

I get CC discount offer emails all the time. I signed up for them.

So do we but this is the first time we can not open any links.

I went on Emerald Waterways website and looked at the offers and they are there but the (not so) funny thing is that those cruises for 2016 have to be booked by May 29, 2015. We received the Email today June 29, exactly 1 month after booking deadline. Go figure!! Hell of a way to advertise and get people excited.:rolleyes:

Theo

I haven't tried to open it yet. That's not very nice of them! LOL. Might have been an error release.

I went on Emerald Waterways website and looked at the offers and they are there but the (not so) funny thing is that those cruises for 2016 have to be booked by May 29, 2015. We received the Email today June 29, exactly 1 month after booking deadline. Go figure!! Hell of a way to advertise and get people excited.:rolleyes:

Theo

Theo

I noticed the date discrepancy as well.... Was thinking I might contact them (if I decide to pull the trigger...) and ask them to honour the price(s) as the dates on their website are out of date.

They might agree. The worst that could happen is that the say "no".

Fran

Edited by franski

Dates for cruise line specials are often meaningless. They always put something in the fine print that offers can be withdrawn at any time, are capacity controlled and might be extended. And there is always something about list prices not having resulted in actual sales. ;)

Dates for cruise line specials are often meaningless. They always put something in the fine print that offers can be withdrawn at any time, are capacity controlled and might be extended. And there is always something about list prices not having resulted in actual sales. ;)

I know all that, that's why I always read the fine print first but that is not the point. What irks me is the fact that we receive an Email from Cruise Critic on the 29th of June about a special with a booking deadline of May 29. Why bother to send the mail in the first place.

Theo

Once again the CC Marketing people (the left hand) don't have anything to do with the CC we see every morning on the Forums (the right hand). Kinda like the customer service voices we all love to bitch about..... I call it Clueless!

I received that e-mail to and thought it to be legit but I have never heard of Emerald cruise lines. Where are they out of? Goodness there are a lot of river cruise companies now....the rivers are going to be packed with the ships in a couple of years!

I received that e-mail to and thought it to be legit but I have never heard of Emerald cruise lines. Where are they out of? Goodness there are a lot of river cruise companies now....the rivers are going to be packed with the ships in a couple of years!

Emerald Waterways are a sister company of Scenic, intended to be a cheaper alternative for those who don't want the complete all-inclusiveness that Scenic offer.

They started about 2 years ago I believe.

Theo

The info on Emerald Waterways website is now changed.

Theo