Navigator 15th September - Rome to Athens

englandsrose

Just a quick post as I really enjoy other reviews.

Joined Navigator today after a fabulous day and night in Rome.

Ship is beautiful after the recent refurb. Just had dinner in compass rose and new menu has been introduced today - always available extremely extensive with everything you could think of from all cuts of steak to lamb chops to lobster and shrimp plus much much more. Food was amazing and service was as good as always.

Any questions shout up and I will endeavour to answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a quick post as I really enjoy other reviews.

Joined Navigator today after a fabulous day and night in Rome.

Ship is beautiful after the recent refurb. Just had dinner in compass rose and new menu has been introduced today - always available extremely extensive with everything you could think of from all cuts of steak to lamb chops to lobster and shrimp plus much much more. Food was amazing and service was as good as always.

Any questions shout up and I will endeavour to answer!

Agree with all except that service was really slow for us as the kitchen had to cope with new style menus, no iPads, and staff changeover.

Yes plenty of shady spaces on deck so you won't have any issues.

Navigator continues to delight - ate at Prime 7 last night and food and service were excellent: went to the theatre afterwards to see the first production show - it was absolutely fabulous - my husband doesn't usually care for the shows but actually said it was the best he had ever seen.

For the first time ever this cruise is predominately British (I am English). Normally when we have cruised Regent we have been in the minority. This has changed the atmosphere slightly in that the ship is a bit more lively late at night with people still being around at midnight. We all said last night that the bean counters in the US will be concerned as they had already given British guests very competitive pricing when compared to main stream lines and given that we are all staying up later we are all drinking more which will not doubt affect the bottom line :-)

I do think Regent will have a lot of converts from the UK after this cruise as everybody I have spoken to that is new is thoroughly enjoying it! Interesting to hear the more favourable comparisons with Seabourne and Silver Sea - Regent appears to have the edge over them according to people I have spoken to who have done both.

I think it might be the Norweigan cruise lines as they are billed as the regent production cast.

Eaten in la veranda tonight - perfectly paced unobtrusive service - couldn't be any better - oh and the food was great too!

We are having a fabulous cruise - long may it continue.

Edited by englandsrose

Sea day today and it's hot and very humid. Ate for the 2nd time in CR and for us the speed of service hasn't improved

We joined a table for 6 at 7:10. Our order was taken 30 minutes later. We had to rush dessert, miss coffee to get out by 9:20!

The show was worth it though.

We also ate in compass rose last night and there are definately some issues - they forgot one of my husbands courses, we asked for a couple of side orders to share and they came on my husbands plate (no biggie he just passed half of them over to me) and I asked for a limoncello after dinner and it never arrived. We had a table to 2 and similar dining time. Mid cruise comments cards are here so will be filling mine in today. Not major issues but they do need to be made aware otherwise ignorance is bliss....

Another fabulous show in the theatre and Galilaoes was stilling rocking last night when we left at just before 1am.

Sea day today so will be mainly horizontal on a sunbed watching the waves....

2nd sea day on way to Haifa. Clear blue skies and less humid. CR was much better last night. They have their tablets back for ordering and it seemed much smoother to us. It seems the situation was made worse by the high percentage of Brits (60%) on board because we all like to come down between 7 and 8.

The show by the troupe was excellent.

Another beautiful day at sea today - although it's a bit hot and I have retired to the air conditioned bliss of the suite.

Had dinner in Sette Marie last night and it was fabulous - service was amazing and food equally good. We also went to the show - I can honestly say the shows being put on this cruise are way way better than the JAR shows we have seen in the past (and they were good) - last nights was a song and dance show from across the world - culminating in River Dance from Ireland - they got a standing ovation - it was absolutely brilliant.

We are going to try compass Rose again tonight and I will report back.

Israel tomorrow and immigration want to interview is all individually so it's an early start tomorrow before 2 full days discovering the sites and sounds of Israel - I am really looking forward to it as its the reason we booked this trip.

Edited by englandsrose

Israeli customs and immigration are tough - understandably so. In July, my wife, mother-in-law and I all made it through the process in about 10-15 minutes (after a bit of confusion on-board) but my father-in-law got held up - again - as he shares a name with someone on a watchlist. It took him probably 45 minutes to clear, but fortunately they held our tour for us. There were actually a few people who got 'extra-special' scrutiny, but in the end, everyone got cleared and we had an amazing time. It was our first trip to Israel and I'd gladly go back again.

So 7.15 and no tables for 2 in Compass Rose and no tables for 2 in Sette Marie - at least an hour wait on both - not what I would call anytime dining or luxury cruising..... There is a queue of people out of the door and unless you are prepared to share there is no chance......