What beach to go to this time? (Family)

mitsugirly

We and friends take lunch and a beach stay at La Samana. Definitely away from the cruise herds. Just contact the Hotel Concierge direct for your lunch and stay requirements, and they will take care of everything, including your transportation.

concierge.las@belmond.com

Link to Hotel web for photographs and information:

http://www.belmond.com/la-samanna-st-martin/photo_tour

Thanks for the information on LaSamanna. It looks amazing. What is the cost for the day?

We went to Le Galion beach and loved the calm water. They did have big toys out in the water like slides, etc. We went to the taxi stand and they put us in a van with others going to Orient Beach so apparently it is on the way. We did go by the butterfly farm. I think it was only something like $8 apiece but that was 2 years ago. Last year we did the beach right near the ship. It was not as nice and the water was rougher. We are older and need to be careful. :( We're going again this February and hoping to go to Le Galion again.

They have slides in the water? That's the frist I have heard of that.

Anyone have a picture of what they offer?

Thanks for the information on LaSamanna. It looks amazing. What is the cost for the day?

You contact the Concierge directly, you will then exchange E-mails on what you want from the day (I.e. where to Lunch, menus, sunbeds, transport etc) and they will price.

They have slides in the water? That's the frist I have heard of that.

Anyone have a picture of what they offer?

There is a floating ocean pool down at the far end and also a wooden floating dock. The pool was purchased many years ago now in order to teach children to swim. They put it out in Grand Case at first. Unfortunately, the water was deep there and we would see the older kids swimming to the pool and the little ones stuck at the shore complaining that they can't swim to it. It was moved two or three years ago to LeGalion where it gets used a lot.

There is a floating ocean pool down at the far end and also a wooden floating dock. The pool was purchased many years ago now in order to teach children to swim. They put it out in Grand Case at first. Unfortunately, the water was deep there and we would see the older kids swimming to the pool and the little ones stuck at the shore complaining that they can't swim to it. It was moved two or three years ago to LeGalion where it gets used a lot.

Thanks for explaining. That's great that they offer this at Le Gallion

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Do you need to pay someone something to use that?

Do you need to pay someone something to use that?

Good question. We have used the floating dock which was no charge. I have never seen anyone collecting money for the use of the pool either at its current location at Le Galion or when it was over on Grand Case Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Edited: I answered the question wrong

We took a taxi. There is a sign for little divi at the taxi stand. It was $6 per person i think. Fares are regulated. We arranged for our driver to come back at a certain time. But you can ask the front desk to call you one if needed.

You do not need to arrange anything ahead of time. We just showed up. There is a beach attendant. Just choose some chairs and he will be over and bring you an umbrella. It was $15 for 2 chairs and umbrellas.

Edited by brookeq

Edited: I answered the question wrong

We took a taxi. There is a sign for little divi at the taxi stand. It was $6 per person i think. Fares are regulated. We arranged for our driver to come back at a certain time. But you can ask the front desk to call you one if needed.

You do not need to arrange anything ahead of time. We just showed up. There is a beach attendant. Just choose some chairs and he will be over and bring you an umbrella. It was $15 for 2 chairs and umbrellas.

how long from pier to Divi ? Did you have to worry about traffic back to the ship ?

I am working on my review for this cruise on the carnival board. I have made it to our day in San Juan. St Kitts is next followed by st Maarten. I will have my review of Divi Bay then.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm following along. Amazing review so far with all your family..and how great that you could add a few pre-cruise days at Disney. The Breeze looks like a great ship. I love reading about other families experiences...and look forward too to reading about Little Divi.

• 2 months later...

We returned a few weeks ago from Divi and had a wonderful day. The beach was beautiful and we had a great time there.

I have my full review done if anyone is interested in seeing it, it's listed in my signature line and there's tons of pictures. :D