Little Divi beach

jsf

Is anyone able to advise on the costs of jet ski hire and other watersports please?

Thanks in advance

I know there are jet ski's and other watersports available, but since we didn't use any of them and just enjoyed the beach, I'm not able to answer your question on the cost. I'm really sorry. Hopefully someone else can answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all who shared about Little Divi Beach. e are looking for something different from Maho, Orient and just shopping this time around. I think Little Divi fits the bill.

Question, When the taxi drops you off do you have to check in for day use anywhere or head on to the beach and someone meets you to rent chairs and umbrella?

I love finding information on CC that helps us to enjoy our cruise and find new things!

Thanks to all who shared about Little Divi Beach. e are looking for something different from Maho, Orient and just shopping this time around. I think Little Divi fits the bill.

Question, When the taxi drops you off do you have to check in for day use anywhere or head on to the beach and someone meets you to rent chairs and umbrella?

I love finding information on CC that helps us to enjoy our cruise and find new things!

Hello jdkey,

We visited Little Divi a couple of weeks ago. Once out of the cab, just head straight for the beach and find an attendant to set you up some chairs and an umbrella. There was some sort of check-in area prior to getting to the beach, but after standing in the line, I was told just to head on to the beach. We had a very relaxing day there.

Edited by mudd77

When we went, we just got a taxi from the cruise center and when our driver dropped us off, it was right near the walkway to the beach. He pointed it out and told us there was a beach attendant we could find if we wanted to rent loungers/umbrella. So we just went down to the beach, found the attendant, he set us up and we paid him. I have heard about day passes but we didn't purchase those, so I don't know what's included with those. If getting day passes, you may have to check in. Hope this helps.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

We just got back from our cruise and we visited Little Divi. Taxi is very easy..nice and short. And we had no issues grabbing one to go back as one was waiting at the spot where we were left off.

When we got there we just walked down the path to the beach. Someone pointed to where we go for day visits and we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella (the spot closer to the taxi is for resort guests). Beach is on a nice setting with the resort and the view. Sand as discussed is a bit coarser..especially where the water starts as I guess the waves keep pulling shell pieces back (it's softer once you go a bit further into the water). However, our kids were still able to play in it and "build" things. On the day that we went the waves were a bit rough for my kids (and even I didn't go fully in, but where i could stand) but they still enjoyed. It's a nice beach and we liked the fact that it was close to port.

We were going to order food but we couldn't catch anyone to take our order, so we ended up going back to the ship and then back out for shopping near the port.

Edited by LuCruise

We just got back from our cruise and we visited Little Divi. Taxi is very easy..nice and short. And we had no issues grabbing one to go back as one was waiting at the spot where we were left off.

When we got there we just walked down the path to the beach. Someone pointed to where we go for day visits and we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella (the spot closer to the taxi is for resort guests). Beach is on a nice setting with the resort and the view. Sand as discussed is a bit coarser..especially where the water starts as I guess the waves keep pulling shell pieces back (it's softer once you go a bit further into the water). However, our kids were still able to play in it and "build" things. On the day that we went the waves were a bit rough for my kids (and even I didn't go fully in, but where i could stand) but they still enjoyed. It's a nice beach and we liked the fact that it was close to port.

We were going to order food but we couldn't catch anyone to take our order, so we ended up going back to the ship and then back out for shopping near the port.

Thanks for reporting back, I was hoping you'd have a nice trip. Sorry the water was a little too rough when you were there, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it anyway. I hope you had a wonderful cruise overall.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience. Since you spent a good year or so reading up on St. Maarten and planning your day if you had a do over would you go to Little Bay? If you could extrapolate it might help others. :)

Thanks for reporting back, I was hoping you'd have a nice trip. Sorry the water was a little too rough when you were there, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it anyway. I hope you had a wonderful cruise overall.

Thanks. Did you find it rough too ? Maybe it was a windier day for us.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience. Since you spent a good year or so reading up on St. Maarten and planning your day if you had a do over would you go to Little Bay? If you could extrapolate it might help others. :)

I'm writing a report now but haven't gotten to our St Maarten day yet.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a nice day. My son was on a mat facing shore (so his back was to the waves), and he happened to be right at the spot where the waves crash over (at their highest before the white caps if I'm explaining properly). So the wave caught him by surprise and flipped him over. It freaked him out. He played in the sand for awhile, but did go back in again after a bit.

I think the problem is that the waves were at their highest and 'crashed over' at about our knee height. The force was strong at that point. So we wanted to go in deeper but we weren't comfortable.

But we liked the fact that it was close to port and it was quite pretty. If we visit St Maarten again, then we'd probably look at another beach (but not Orient as I thin those waves are stronger). Perhaps Mullet as you have recommended. We just wanted to stay closer to shore with the recent issues in St Maarten (even though I don't think it was a concern anymore).

PS - If you know St Thomas, my kids thought the waves at Coki beach were just perfect. There were some, but just the correct strength. (i.e. they didn't want Magens as they wanted some waves)

But it was still very pretty with the blue water and we still all had lots of fun.

Here are a few pictures (Funny enough it's hard to tell the waves in these pictures...guess you have to capture the picture at the exact moment)

IMG_0508%20Medium_zpsk3ztbaqq.jpg

IMG_0509%20Medium_zps47kqqnnx.jpg

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks LuCruise for the review and details. The sand looked very flat to me in your pictures. It looked better last May on my last visit and I did not think that it looked good then. The water does not look that choppy ( avoid Dawn beach if you think that is choppy lol) but if your kids like playing by the shore I can see that the way the waves broke near the shore would be an issue. Hopefully Mullet will have a decent washroom built before your next visit.;):D

Coki was our girls first Caribbean beach and I have wonderful memories of feeding the fish with them there. Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks LuCruise for the review and details. The sand looked very flat to me in your pictures. It looked better last May on my last visit and I did not think that it looked good then. The water does not look that choppy ( avoid Dawn beach if you think that is choppy lol) but if your kids like playing by the shore I can see that the way the waves broke near the shore would be an issue. Hopefully Mullet will have a decent washroom built before your next visit.;):D

Coki was our girls first Caribbean beach and I have wonderful memories of feeding the fish with them there. Thanks again for the feedback.

My pleasure. Actually our kids had fun on the shore and it was almost a game if they could build their sand castles without the water coming up to them (sometimes it went up so high).

Yeah, the sand was a bit coarse until you stepped out into the water a bit more...but I wasn't disappointed since I knew that from discussions on here.

The pictures didn't really capture the waves...and it was mostly just at their highest before they crashed over as they had strength...but yeah, have heard Dawn gets rough too.

I like your comment about Mullet having a decent washroom "before our NEXT visit"...that would be nice. For now, I'm just dreaming of another cruise, but never know. :D

Thanks for all your help as you've been great on these boards...and to pghsteelerfan too in her Little Divi experience.

...and Coki was absolutely georgous...the crowds didn't bother us and we'd go back there for sure.

Thanks. Did you find it rough too ? Maybe it was a windier day for us.

I'm writing a report now but haven't gotten to our St Maarten day yet.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a nice day. My son was on a mat facing shore (so his back was to the waves), and he happened to be right at the spot where the waves crash over (at their highest before the white caps if I'm explaining properly). So the wave caught him by surprise and flipped him over. It freaked him out. He played in the sand for awhile, but did go back in again after a bit.

I think the problem is that the waves were at their highest and 'crashed over' at about our knee height. The force was strong at that point. So we wanted to go in deeper but we weren't comfortable.

But we liked the fact that it was close to port and it was quite pretty. If we visit St Maarten again, then we'd probably look at another beach (but not Orient as I thin those waves are stronger). Perhaps Mullet as you have recommended. We just wanted to stay closer to shore with the recent issues in St Maarten (even though I don't think it was a concern anymore).

PS - If you know St Thomas, my kids thought the waves at Coki beach were just perfect. There were some, but just the correct strength. (i.e. they didn't want Magens as they wanted some waves)

But it was still very pretty with the blue water and we still all had lots of fun.

Here are a few pictures (Funny enough it's hard to tell the waves in these pictures...guess you have to capture the picture at the exact moment)

IMG_0508%20Medium_zpsk3ztbaqq.jpg

IMG_0509%20Medium_zps47kqqnnx.jpg

Thanks and I'm so glad that the information I provided was helpful to you. I have gotten so much help from CC. Answering your question if the water was rough for us. The water was pretty much the same, smaller waves breaking near shore but they seemed to have just rolled in instead of crashing. It wasn't "flat" like a lake but far from what we'd consider rough. But to us, that's calm since we're used to the waves of the Outer Banks of NC that we're able to body surf in without a boogie board. From your pictures though, I can't get over how much the beach appears to have eroded since we were there in September. That may explain the difference in the waves in the "rolling in" vs. crashing in, since there was more of a slope when we were there.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day there. We'd also love to get to Mullet Bay...beautiful from pictures I've seen. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We just came back from there a few weeks ago and loved it. The sand was pretty and so was the water.

Check out my full review in my signature line...there's TONS of pictures, like always. We had a wonderful day there. :)

mitsugirly, I love your reviews, and we just went to Blue Lagoon in Nassau and Coki beach in St Thomas because of them (and loved them both!). Thank you for sharing.

We just returned from Little Divi too. We did quite enjoy the day, the resort and views are lovely, but found the waves a touch too rough for our kids. The last 2 pictures in post 613 and the first picture in 614 shows what I mean. Looks like it wasn't an issue though for your little girl. She looks like quite the swimmer. Amazing pictures. (And I did read your full review as you were posting it)

mitsugirly, I love your reviews, and we just went to Blue Lagoon in Nassau and Coki beach in St Thomas because of them (and loved them both!). Thank you for sharing.

We just returned from Little Divi too. We did quite enjoy the day, the resort and views are lovely, but found the waves a touch too rough for our kids. The last 2 pictures in post 613 and the first picture in 614 shows what I mean. Looks like it wasn't an issue though for your little girl. She looks like quite the swimmer. Amazing pictures. (And I did read your full review as you were posting it)

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed the review(s). Also glad you liked Coki and Blue Lagoon. We really found them to be great places. I know people hate going to Nassau, but my youngest son (the 21 year old) is begging to book another cruise to Nassau just so that he can go back to Blue Lagoon. LOL

Yep, the waves were a little higher than what I normally like, just for safety reasons with the munchkin. But, she's a great swimmer (especially with her mermaid tail) and she did great in them. I think I over-worry about the waves in most cases and she's always proving me wrong about her ability to tackle them. But better safe than sorry. At least it wasn't as bad as it is at Maho :eek:, which is on the same side and not too far from here. :)

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed the review(s). Also glad you liked Coki and Blue Lagoon. We really found them to be great places. I know people hate going to Nassau, but my youngest son (the 21 year old) is begging to book another cruise to Nassau just so that he can go back to Blue Lagoon. LOL

Yep, the waves were a little higher than what I normally like, just for safety reasons with the munchkin. But, she's a great swimmer (especially with her mermaid tail) and she did great in them. I think I over-worry about the waves in most cases and she's always proving me wrong about her ability to tackle them. But better safe than sorry. At least it wasn't as bad as it is at Maho :eek:, which is on the same side and not too far from here. :)

Yes, you hear a lot of negative comments about Nassau and from your pictures we booked Blue Lagoon as it looked so beautiful and perfect for families, and we wanted to enjoy our Nassau day...and your pictures were so true. How nice that you DS is begging to bo back.

As for your comments about over-worrying, you're a mom...I'm the same. My DS (who can swim) did get thrown over though while on a mat and it freaked him out a bit...but went back in later. So totally get the worry even if they can swim.

We didn't make it to Maho but have heard it's not a swimming beach. Guess it's quite rough too then?

PS - The mermaid tail is pretty neat!

Edited by LuCruise

Yes, you hear a lot of negative comments about Nassau and from your pictures we booked Blue Lagoon as it looked so beautiful and perfect for families, and we wanted to enjoy our Nassau day...and your pictures were so true. How nice that you DS is begging to bo back.

As for your comments about over-worrying, you're a mom...I'm the same. My DS (who can swim) did get thrown over though while on a mat and it freaked him out a bit...but went back in later. So totally get the worry even if they can swim.

We didn't make it to Maho but have heard it's not a swimming beach. Guess it's quite rough too then?

PS - The mermaid tail is pretty neat!

We have been to Maho twice and each time it has been pretty rough. The other issue is that the beach itself is on a declining hill and the decline continues swiftly into the water and it gets deep quick. That with the rough waves = a bit dangerous for little ones IMO. Then when the planes come in, the waves take it to an entirely different level. :p