Carnival Breeze

Clt9488

If Carnival releases info about the Breeze, just like they did the Magic, we should hear about the Breeze's European season sometime in January.

but that would infer that they are consistent... which, clearly... :rolleyes:

if they were consistent, we would have heard magic's home port in february, if i recall correctly from calculations of the same sort last year...

were they consistent? nope. june. :o

Nope. I haven't heard anything either.

If Carnival releases info about the Breeze, just like they did the Magic, we should hear about the Breeze's European season sometime in January.

With the exception of the occasional construction update, I don't expect to hear much about the Breeze until somewhat later in the year.

Carnival is being quite a bit more cautious about where ships are placed as fewer are being built. The Breeze represents a three quarters of a billion dollar investment and they don't take a sum like that lightly...

:)

I think that we do know that it is a 'Dream' class vessel - so expect layout, features, etc to be fairly similar.

Indeed. If it has the same odor feature as the Carnival Dream, I'd be surprised if they didn't rename the Carnival Breeze to the Carnival Wind.

There is alot of Canadians that are eagerly waiting to here news on the breeze as we are planning a Crazy Canucks group cruise. My PVP says that it will start in Europe and then switch to the eastern seaboard( not specific of the home port) in the fall of next year.I wish they would let something out of the bag...even just a little tidbit of info

• 3 weeks later...
There is alot of Canadians that are eagerly waiting to here news on the breeze as we are planning a Crazy Canucks group cruise. My PVP says that it will start in Europe and then switch to the eastern seaboard( not specific of the home port) in the fall of next year.I wish they would let something out of the bag...even just a little tidbit of info

Yes, most definitely waiting for news before I book the next cruise....would prefer a group - but I can't wait forever:D

• 1 month later...

A leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets, Wärtsilä has received an order of six Wärtsilä 46 engines for the new cruise ship of the global cruise company Carnival Corporation. The cruiser, which will be built by the Fincantieri Monfalcone shipyard in Italy, carries a preliminary title ‘Carnival Dream 3’. The vessel is scheduled to enter service in spring 2012.

In addition to the engine delivery, the contract includes the initialization of the engines and annual crew training.

The electrical power generated by the Wärtsilä 46 engines will be used for propulsion, bow and stern thrusters, air conditioning, lighting and auxiliary services.

Carnival Dream 3 will sail worldwide, mainly in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Alaska. To protect the environment by reducing emissions in vulnerable sea areas, the vessel has been designed to operate also on light fuel oil.

The 130,000-ton cruise ship, which will have an overall length of about 306 metres and a breadth of 37 metres, will be able to carry up to 3690 passengers.

Carnival Dream 3 is a new version of Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic cruise ships. British-American-Panamanian owned Carnival Corporation is the largest holiday cruise operator in the world.

A leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets, Wärtsilä has received an order of six Wärtsilä 46 engines for the new cruise ship of the global cruise company Carnival Corporation. The cruiser, which will be built by the Fincantieri Monfalcone shipyard in Italy, carries a preliminary title ‘Carnival Dream 3’. The vessel is scheduled to enter service in spring 2012.

In addition to the engine delivery, the contract includes the initialization of the engines and annual crew training.

The electrical power generated by the Wärtsilä 46 engines will be used for propulsion, bow and stern thrusters, air conditioning, lighting and auxiliary services.

Carnival Dream 3 will sail worldwide, mainly in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Alaska. To protect the environment by reducing emissions in vulnerable sea areas, the vessel has been designed to operate also on light fuel oil.

The 130,000-ton cruise ship, which will have an overall length of about 306 metres and a breadth of 37 metres, will be able to carry up to 3690 passengers.

Carnival Dream 3 is a new version of Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic cruise ships. British-American-Panamanian owned Carnival Corporation is the largest holiday cruise operator in the world.

I was hoping for a news update on the Breeze, but unfortunately this isn't it. :( This was posted almost a year ago on Wartsila's website.

Anyone who has any current news please let us know!

Carnival Corporation’s new cruise vessel powered by Wärtsilä engines

Friday, 05 March, 2010

Carnival%20Dream%203.JPG?maxwidth=570&maxheight=0 Wärtsilä

Archived