Booking Confirmation Question

packedandready

Where can I find on my booking confirmation or my only account where or if I received a discount, senior rate, residency, etc? Something on my booking doesn't seem correct. Also, is there a place in my account I can see my payment brakedown? All I can find is the total minus the deposit and than the $0 balance.

Will that promo restriction show all the discounts? Only thing listed on mine is "Not Applicable" and under that it says "veranda special".

The problem is that the amount I was charged (this was a price reduction) is less than what is showing on there website. I questioned the rep and she consulted someone and assured me her price was right. I thought the website would be corrected but it is still showing the higher price.

I'm certainly NOT complaining about getting a better deal, just don't won't to get to the pier and have a problem. I'm reluntant to call them again because as most everyone knows sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and them I'd be in a bigger mess.

Will that promo restriction show all the discounts? Only thing listed on mine is "Not Applicable" and under that it says "veranda special".

The problem is that the amount I was charged (this was a price reduction) is less than what is showing on there website. I questioned the rep and she consulted someone and assured me her price was right. I thought the website would be corrected but it is still showing the higher price.

I'm certainly NOT complaining about getting a better deal, just don't won't to get to the pier and have a problem. I'm reluntant to call them again because as most everyone knows sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and them I'd be in a bigger mess.

You do need to compare the total costs including all the fees, taxes, and/or port charges. You need to go into the Celebrity booking far enough to get the total costs and compare it to the invoice from your TA. In my experience the "cost buckets" are not the same, but the total cost is the same. Of course any OBC from the TA reduces the actual cost, but the Celebrity total costs should be the same.

Does this make sense to you? Hopefully I explained it adequately.

You do need to compare the total costs including all the fees, taxes, and/or port charges. You need to go into the Celebrity booking far enough to get the total costs and compare it to the invoice from your TA. In my experience the "cost buckets" are not the same, but the total cost is the same. Of course any OBC from the TA reduces the actual cost, but the Celebrity total costs should be the same.

Does this make sense to you? Hopefully I explained it adequately.

Didn't use a TA, did everything directly through X. Fare dropped from $1379pp to $1309pp. I called X and asked about OBC (this is happening after final payment, but because I booked before changes I'm grandfathered in for the old rules). She looked and said yes, but I'm showing $1279pp. I explanined my end said $1309, she said she could see that also. She had a long conference with someone, came back on line and said yes..it is $1279.

I'm just concerned I'll have a problem at the pier and be asked to pay some really high fee before being able to board. Guess I'll have to call back.

Didn't use a TA, did everything directly through X. Fare dropped from $1379pp to $1309pp. I called X and asked about OBC (this is happening after final payment, but because I booked before changes I'm grandfathered in for the old rules). She looked and said yes, but I'm showing $1279pp. I explanined my end said $1309, she said she could see that also. She had a long conference with someone, came back on line and said yes..it is $1279.

I'm just concerned I'll have a problem at the pier and be asked to pay some really high fee before being able to board. Guess I'll have to call back.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I always use a TA and get an invoice showing the cost with my OBC. I would hope that Celebrity also sents an invoice when you book direct, but I am not sure.

I would think that after you have made final payment the only possibility for paying more money would be if some tax or fee increased and it would only be a small amount.

Archived